Famicom mini rewriting tool has been released

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good for playing old games esp. with the ROM injection to add 60+ games, worth 200 dollars it ain't.
200? If we're talking USD, thats not anywhere NEAR what i found them for, i saw one for 25 at my used game store a while ago. I would have gotten it if i wasnt planning to get a psp/vita for the same purpose lol

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and thats where the nes classic comes in

It's really promising that the team behind the NES Classic is now in charge of Nintendo's Virtual Console team. Who they had in charge of it before were doing a piss-poor job. Hopefully games from other old consoles get the same treatment on the VC service that the NES games received on the NES classic.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
200? If we're talking USD, thats not anywhere NEAR what i found them for, i saw one for 25 at my used game store a while ago. I would have gotten it if i wasnt planning to get a psp/vita for the same purpose lol

*Shrug* I've yet to see that price on Amazon, I would have spent my gift card on that had the price not been extortionate, I'll play RetroArch Wii U/Nestopia because of that. Scalpers be damned, I don't care if they're "just making a quick buck", I'd rather spite scalpers by using unofficial emulators.

Reactions: ItsKipz

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really promising that the team behind the NES Classic is now in charge of Nintendo's Virtual Console team. Who they had in charge of it before were doing a piss-poor job. Hopefully games from other old consoles get the same treatment on the VC service that the NES games received on the NES classic.
NERD, Nintendo European Research and Development, is the new VC team. I agree they are doing a much better job, especially with first gen Pokemon games being able to trade on 3DS and the great job they did on the Wii U's DS VC.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NERD, Nintendo European Research and Development, is the new VC team. I agree they are doing a much better job, especially with first gen Pokemon games being able to trade on 3DS and the great job they did on the Wii U's DS VC.

Wait, when did they become in charge? Does this mean the N64 and NES emulators on their consoles won't suck?

Reactions: ItsKipz

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, when did they become in charge? Does this mean the N64 and NES emulators on their consoles won't suck?

The full change happened very recently. I don't think any VC titles (aside from their DS VC games on the Wii U and if you count the NES Classic) have yet been released by them, so this remains to be seen, however, all indications are clearly pointing to yes, under NERD, the VC should be considerably better than what it has been up to this point.

Reactions: CatmanFan

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so now it is possible to brick an NES Classic/Famicom Mini if you don't know what you're doing, right?

So then follow the directions; if people brick it, tough break, they should do the steps properly lol.

The full change happened very recently. I don't think any VC titles (aside from their DS VC games on the Wii U and if you count the NES Classic) have yet been released by them, so this remains to be seen, however, all indications are clearly pointing to yes, under NERD, the VC should be considerably better than what it has been up to this point.

I hope so, because the N64 and Snes emulation is pretty bad. They can't even get the audio in DK64 right and I have proof.

Reactions: CatmanFan

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then follow the directions; if people brick it, tough break, they should do the steps properly lol.

I hope so, because the N64 and Snes emulation is pretty bad. They can't even get the audio in DK64 right and I have proof.
DK64 used custom micro-code written by Rare to essentially hack the N64 to run slightly faster, all there N64 games did this. Since Microsoft owns Rare now Nintendo will never have full access to source materials of Rare games. That's why Banjo Tooie and Conker won't run if you inject them into the Wii U's VC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...