Fallout 3 issue.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by iFish, Aug 11, 2011.

Aug 11, 2011

Fallout 3 issue. by iFish at 2:46 AM (617 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. iFish
    OP

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    Hey guys.

I recently got Fallout 3 and among other other games on Steam.

But my problem is that when ever I try to load a "New game", the whole game crashes.

This is running on my MacBook Pro, but it is running Windows 7.

Some of the specs are:
    Intel core i5, 2.30GHz 2 cores(4 with hyper-threading).
    8GB of RAM.
    Intel HD 3000 graphics(according to the game, it'd run on Meduim)

That should be all that matters.

So, any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks.

~iFish

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Try right clicking on fallout 3 in your steam library , Then click "verify integrity of game cache" Also click the option "defragment of game cache"

Make sure your drivers are up to date.

I don't think it has anything to do with your hardware. I think the game will be a little hard on your cpu but should play fine imo.

If all of the above fails uninstall and download the game again incase it's corrupted altogether.

3. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    Set windows theme to basic, run in compatibility mode, I think this is possible with Steam somehow etc. Go through some usual troubleshooting but you have the specs atleast it seems.

4. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States
    Fallout 3 (along with other Gamebryo engine games) is ridden with bugs and glitches. The most common is a crash-to-desktop (CTD) is that what happens when your game crashes? Do you get "fallout3.exe has stopped responding" or does the screen just freeze? Blue screen?

Take the usual steps for game debugging: update video and sound drivers, run program in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, run as administrator, etc.

Also, this page doesn't list a fix for your exact problem, but there are many other useful tips for reducing your crashes. And if you want to enjoy this wonderful title, then you are going to crash no matter how godly your rig is.

5. iFish
    OP

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    Thanks guys. I'll probably look at this thread again once I boot into Windows tomorrow. But seeing as it is so goddamn buggy, I'm thinking there's no point playing, haha. :x

But yeah, I get "fallout3.exe has stopped working" and the only way to get it to go away it to load up Tast Manager and kill it.