Falied to run sept

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by shadman19, Apr 26, 2019.

1. shadman19
    OP

shadman19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    United States
    Not sure why this is happening now. Today I powered off the switch to change sd card to install MK11. I recently updated via choij to 7.x no problems. I've even powered off the unit to change out sd card to my other sd card that has different games on it. I never got this message before but today I did? Strange? Any suggestions how to fix this? Thanks

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Get the latest Kosmos pack.

shadman19 likes this.
  3. shadman19
    OP

shadman19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    United States
    I use SXOS though but updated to 7.x w/out burning fuses from 4.x

As I understand it you can't boot switch without injecting payload to start cfw.

I can try Kosmos I've never used that before but maybe it's folders will get me back in business.

4. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    In general Kosmos come with Atmosphere as it CFW, Kosmos just a file pack, check if you have the latest SX OS, 2.62 Beta or you will just get a black screen.

5. shadman19
    OP

shadman19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    United States
    Yes I do use the latest 2.62 beta

6. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    What happens when you boot 2.62 Beta direct not through Hekate?

7. shadman19
    OP

shadman19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    United States
    Nothing just a black screen it's like it's in the mode where it will drain batt

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Strange why this happened I updated to 7.x weeks ago when sxos could run it. I've swicthed out these sd cards playing different games on them and it never did this. I haven't messed with anything files related either during that time.

Yesterday though I took out the sd card with no space to insert the sd card with space that I had just transferred over MK11 on. When turning it on I got warning sleep mode library is missing. So I read up on that and fixed it then got the initializing- could not identify package1 failed to launch firmware. I fixed these by replacing sd files which let me boot further and now I get id pkg1 and keyblob7 found but failed to run sept?

I'll get a updated kosmos file and insert and see if that worked and report back

8. shadman19
    OP

shadman19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    United States
    OK so placing the updated kosmos files boots the system up however, it by passes sxos now? Tried launching games and they error ? Also tried power down restart option and kosomos intro screen displays not sxos when holding volume+ button.

Doesn't seem to start either once powered down. In order to start I must inject payload each time?

Thnaks for your help

Never mind I guess I no longer need to hold power on and volume+ to start it. Tried just power on and it fired up sx os. games boot.

Thanks for suggestion

Hayato213 likes this.
  9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you use SX OS then why do you need sept?

10. ELY_M

ELY_M GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    sxos is based on atmopshere

11. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Any games installed using sx os wont run on other cfw.

Also dif cfw use dif payloads. Sx has it's own payload that you need to download in their site.

12. shadman19
    OP

shadman19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    United States
    After placing kosmos files folder over it booted up again into sx os by just tapping power button. I'd never used kosmos only sx os. It works fine again. Can't explain why this happened but it's fixed:) Thanks Hyato213