Hardware Fake Photofast CR-5400

Xotadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there are way too many of these threads all over the internet, but I can't find anyone like this. Recently I purchased a Photofast adapter for my PSP from the seller 'homeking (5-8 day uk delivery)' on Amazon uk. After receiving the item and comparing it to the how to spot a fake page on the photofast website, I spotted the ridges in the adapter slots. I contacted the seller and they said:
Code:
Dear REDACTED,

Thank you for your email.

Our products are not original,but they are not fake. The quality is assured.They are manufactured in accordance with the specifications.And the price is affordable.However,they dissatified you.How about we refund 50% to you as some discount? Do you think it is OK?

Any problem,just contact us.We will do everything we can to help.

Waiting for your reply.

Kindly Regards.

How about refund you or resend you? Which do you prefer? If you have any suggestion,please get in touch with us .We will do everything we can to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day!

Kindly regards.
Ignoring the strange repetition of 'kindly regards' in the email (Maybe they were 2 seperate emails?), are they just trying to pay for my silence, or are they actually being truthful?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it has the name Photofast CR5400, it is fake. The real CR5400 was discontinued around 2010. I don't see how you can't be original and not fake at the same time if you bear the name "Photofast CR5400".

The real CR5400 only supports up to 16 GB per slot.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it has the name Photofast CR5400, it is fake. The real CR5400 was discontinued around 2010. I don't see how you can't be original and not fake at the same time if you bear the name "Photofast CR5400".

The real CR5400 only supports up to 16 GB per slot.

That's actually false - the only reason this information was printed on the PhotoFast website was that at the time, MSPD was limited to 32GB sticks and going beyond 16GB per SD card could result in unexpected errors. Since then, the standard went beyond that boundry and PhotoFast cards do support it.

Xotadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did try a 64gb Micro SD in it and it worked fine. I didn't know they were discontinued, thanks for that, I'll just have to keep looking for a legitimate micro sd to MSPD as they are way to expensive.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Million dollar question Xotadi - does it work? If it does, there's no reason why you should look for another one, there's an extremely low chance that you'll get a legitimate CR5400, they're almost all clones of the original hardware. Some work well, some don't but if yours does work, why replace it? :)

Xotadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Million dollar question Xotadi - does it work? If it does, there's no reason why you should look for another one, there's an extremely low chance that you'll get a legitimate CR5400, they're almost all clones of the original hardware. Some work well, some don't but if yours does work, why replace it? :)
During the small amount of time I tested it, it worked flawlessly, but I think I've been reading too many scare stories of fake photofasts melting inside the PSP. I hate paranoia.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
During the small amount of time I tested it, it worked flawlessly, but I think I've been reading too many scare stories of fake photofasts melting inside the PSP. I hate paranoia.

Yeah, that's not going to happen - don't worry Xotadi. I've used two such adapters in two PSP-2000's with a number of different SD cards and nothing happened. We're talking about a one in a million issue.

Xotadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's not going to happen - don't worry Xotadi. I've used two such adapters in two PSP-2000's with a number of different SD cards and nothing happened. We're talking about a one in a million issue.
OK, thanks for the reassurance and help. I need to learn not to worry so much :)

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I bought 1 for my sister around 2011
it works with 32GB mSD, she use it for her camera and it works just fine (need to formatted via camera)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-