wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekardlogo.gif
Fake "EON" Chipped Acekard 2i
Reports HWID 44
acekard2ifakeeonchippedclone.jpg

GBATemp user samurayjp, who claims to be a Brazilian Acekard reseller, has posted information about a newly discovered fake AK2i clone. The reseller has not included any information in regards to the packaging, however, Acekard.com has also reported information on this clone. According to the information the fake AK2i is using an "EON" chip which reports a legitimate HWID of 44. The card reportedly works with AKAIO v1.8.5, but the AP bypass option and DSi flashable firmware update do not function.

For more information and to contribute to the discussion directly, check the on-going discussion link below. Otherwise post your comments, thoughts, concerns, and information here.

The moderating staff at AKAIO.net has asked to be contacted if any person in our community happens to have one of these cards.

discuss.png
On-going Discussion

dreamchaserGR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The Acekard I got has the Eon chip.
It stopped working on my Dsi, after it froze while I was was playing 999.
Now I get the "an error has occured" everytime I try to boot it.
Was running AKAIO 1.8.5 at the time.

I bought it from a reseller in Greece.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scary, this isn't like the R4DS at all, Acekard 2i has had it's share of counterfeits that do their best to look real.

I think this means the only certainly legit AK2i now is HWID 81, isn't it?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragon574444 said:
BOB SAGGOT. Just as I order an Acekard2i. I ordered it from 0shippingzone a week ago. I'll open it up and check as soon as it gets here.
0ShippingZone is pretty reliable most of the time, let us know how it goes.

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Argentum Vir said:
They do however sell fake R4 cards:

R4 SDHC V2.10T (r4sdhc.com) ("R4 SHDC" is a name not to be trusted at all and the addition V2.10T is completely meaningless if the features are unknown and support is non-existent).

R4i SDHC 1.4.1 (Same "R4 SDHC" name and meaningless 1.4.1 version number)

R4i Gold for DSl,DSi,DSi XL,LL (www.r4ids.cn), however the R4i Gold one looks like the one that has some support and has a matching Wood R4 version (judging by the webside name www.r4ids.cn which I think was the old R4i Gold team).

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Stropdasje said:
Argentum Vir said:
They do however sell fake R4 cards:

R4 SDHC V2.10T (r4sdhc.com) ("R4 SHDC" is a name not to be trusted at all and the addition V2.10T is completely meaningless if the features are unknown and support is non-existent).

R4i SDHC 1.4.1 (Same "R4 SDHC" name and meaningless 1.4.1 version number)

R4i Gold for DSl,DSi,DSi XL,LL (www.r4ids.cn), however the R4i Gold one looks like the one that has some support and has a matching Wood R4 version (judging by the webside name www.r4ids.cn which I think was the old R4i Gold team).
all the stores sell R4 clones, it's a good profit they make.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny, that chinese devices solely designed to rip off other companies (eg nintendo), get ripped off themselves so badly. Apparently there is no honor among thieves.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but usually you can tell the R4 fakes because they're ridiculous shit like "r4i platinum LL XL dstwo acekard mario sonic avatar obama edition" These actually look just like acekards on the box and outside.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks to samurayjp the guys at akaio.net have some detailed images of this clone. i was told that they should get something posted later this evening. i saw the images and its shocking how much of a "clone" this is. it looks just like the ak2i except for the "eon" chip.

-another world

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
i saw the images and its shocking how much of a "clone" this is. it looks just like the ak2i except for the "eon" chip.
If the clone designers took so much trouble to make this clone this close, it is strange that the cloners did not take the final steps to make it updatable and add the anti AP functionality. Then the clone would be just as good as the original and it would become much harder to detect a fake, especially since the users would not complain if the card works 100% like the real thing. I guess it is a matter of time before this happens.

loco365

Trophies
XP
tmartin245 said:
I purchased one from Acceshop4u.com. It works great so far... christmas edition. Afraid to open it up though :/
I got the same kind from 0Shipping. I'd look if I knew how to open it without breaking it...

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there no honor among thieves?

apparently not.

So, what's the big deal about the 1:1 clones? If the chip works the same, has the same tech specs etc. and even the latest AKAIO runs on it, then it's a good replica.
i guess in this case the clone doesn't have 1:1 functonality tho.

the R4iULTRA for example reported a different hardware ID, and therefore doesn't run with any AKAIO's except the 1.8.1 for clones.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rave420 said:
So, what's the big deal about the 1:1 clones? If the chip works the same, has the same tech specs etc. and even the latest AKAIO runs on it, then it's a good replica.As far as I know, they are not 1:1 clones, they use a different chip (EON). The 1:1 clones people talk about are for ORIGINAL R4s, not i/SDHC/Ultra/III/whatever.

QUOTE(dragon574444 @ Feb 7 2011, 12:26 PM) BOB SAGGOT. Just as I order an Acekard2i. I ordered it from 0shippingzone a week ago. I'll open it up and check as soon as it gets here.
GBAtemp should auto replace all forms of profanity with "BOB SAGET".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...