Hardware Fake DS Cartridge Works on 3DS?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some do and it depends on when they were made and other factors.
I actually ended up with 2 fake Pokemon Platinum from ebay, one actually worked on the 3DS and the other didn't, but did work on the DS. I am not 100% on the technical details since I no longer have the carts and can't check the ROM's on them, but I am guessing it works on the same level as flashcarts.

Reactions: New3DSPlayer

New3DSPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some do and it depends on when they were made and other factors.
I actually ended up with 2 fake Pokemon Platinum from ebay, one actually worked on the 3DS and the other didn't, but did work on the DS. I am not 100% on the technical details since I no longer have the carts and can't check the ROM's on them, but I am guessing it works on the same level as flashcarts.

Does that brick your 3DS? I don't have custom firmware btw. And how did you know that it is fake?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does that brick your 3DS? I don't have custom firmware btw. And how did you know that it is fake?
Nope and that really shouldn't be a worry because it's extremely doubtful something like that would happen. Both came in fake cases, the stickers were faded, and one used a completely different icon.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
icon like in game menu or icon of the sticker on the cart itself lilith?
Game icon when put into the system. I don't remember what the icon was, but it wasn't Pokemon Plat.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would like to add one more note, the one with a different icon would not work on my 3DS. The one with the Pokemon Plat icon did work on my 3DS. Both of them worked on my DS Lite, but both of them would fail at saving the game.
Moral of the story, don't buy games off ebay.

New3DSPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to add one more note, the one with a different icon would not work on my 3DS. The one with the Pokemon Plat icon did work on my 3DS. Both of them worked on my DS Lite, but both of them would fail at saving the game.

How much did you pay for it? Did you return it?

Tweaker_Modding

Siezure Dice™
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a fake copy of NSMB and the 3DS refused ro read it but my DSi did read it and gave me an error everytime i launched it lucky i was able to refund it

One thing i remember doing was that i put the cartridge in my 3ds and loaded up god mode 9 it did read the cartridge and the rom was only 8mb when the legit rom was 32mb that was when i found out it was fake

Last edited by Tweaker_Modding,

New3DSPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a game that simply didn't show up in the menu. Worked fine on a dslite though.

Is your 3DS have the latest firmware by that time?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had a fake copy of NSMB and the 3DS refused ro read it but my DSi did read it and gave me an error everytime i launched it lucky i was able to refund it

Yeah. That is what I see at other forums. Hope my 3DS won't read fake DS Carts too.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How much did you pay for it? Did you return it?
I didn't pay for them, my ex did and he bought 2 from a seller (one for me and one for him,) but his got to him first, he realized they were fake and cancelled the order. Mine ended up getting to me anyways and he got his refund. About a week later though a second one ended up in my mailbox. So I ended up with two fake copies of Pokemon Plat to fuck around with until I got bored and tossed them. I think they were about 20$ and I didn't return them.

Tweaker_Modding

Siezure Dice™
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is your 3DS have the latest firmware by that time?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah. That is what I see at other forums. Hope my 3DS won't read fake DS Carts too.
Oh yes i paid £10 for NSMB (the fake) turned out the seller didn’t even know it was fake and refunded it without any issues

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Moral of the story, Is do buy off eBay but do your research.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is guys iv bough a lot games off eBay and none of them was fake because its called doing your research

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Moral of the story, Is do buy off eBay but do your research.
To be fair, it was my ex who didn't do the research. I was perfectly happy with my M3 Real and my Plat ROM.
Edit: I wish I kept them, would have been cool to play with with tools I have now.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop flapping your stick in my face