Hacking Fake/Clone Acekard 2i?

chocolatbomb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I ordered an Acekard 2i from themott.com. It came today, in a cardboard box instead of the plastic box thing. The real problem is, it doesnt work >_>.

I heard that AK2i's have a bump under the sticker due to a protruding chip...mine doesn't have that protruding chip or bump.
I'm using AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper on it, and it works until the point where I try to start a game, and then it freezes on a green "Loading" screen.
I tried using it on both my new DSi and my friends DSL.

At first, I thought that maybe I had set up the micro SD wrong, but because of the missing bump under the sticker, I'm afraid I don't have a "real" AK2i.

Oh, and the sticker has a lot of fingerprint/scratches/looks like its been used before.
One more thing: the connectors (is that what they're called?) don't have plastic dividers between them, and they look a bit dirty.

Help?
Edit: I'm using english as the language on my DSi
Edit: DSOrganize works, but games like Animal Crossing and Bleach: The Blade of Fate freeze on the loading screen. Still, even if it works, there's no bump under the sticker, so I'm afraid it'll damage my DSi if its a clone/fake

It works now (AKAIO and official firmware), I just want to know why there isn't a bump on my Acekard O_O
Thanks for the help.

I dont know what I did wrong but AKAIO doesn't work anymore D: as in it works fine until i start a game then it freezes on the loading screen.
Official firmware works though o_o

AKAIO problem fixed with new loader thingy (download here: http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/)
Thanks team AKAIO
yaynds.gif

chocolatbomb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've tried, homebrew roms like DSNotes and DSOrganize work, but retail/dumped roms like Animal Crossing, etc, freeze on the loading screen.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it turns out acekard *might* have updated the bootloader on the new carts without telling anyone. so its *probably* blocking akaio. until they get back online a *fix* will not come easily. if you want to *help* join #acekard with your akaio blocking ak2i and tell norm. he can *point* you in the right direction.

-another world

chocolatbomb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it doesnt really explain the missing bump, but I'll try out the official firmware and see if it works.
Thanks for the replies~

chocolatbomb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear.
Using the official firmware, it DOES work.
I'm going to retry AKAIO. If it still doesn't work, I guess I'll wait.

I still dont know why there isnt a bump O_O

chocolatbomb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried AKAIO, and it works now, after I formatted the micro SD and put AKAIO on it again.
So, does anyone have an explanation for the lack of a bump?

pantomime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so after reformatting you where able to boot roms using the AKAIO 1.4.1 PROPER release? Also does you're card have a gold hologram sticker on it's back?

chocolatbomb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a gold hologram sticker? o.o
sry, this is my first flashcart (and ds)

I think that AKAIO didn't work before because I put some homebrew stuff in the wrong places (im new to this stuff)
Well, after formatting my micro sd again, and only putting non hombrew roms, it worked, but

I'm curious why there's no bump.

h1web

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought from themott as well and it also came in he little acekard 2 cardboard box packaging with weird little card reader and a no name brand microSDHC card but the only problems I've had with it were when I first tried to play a game the acekard 2i would hang on the loading screen when I first booted it up and I found I had to update to the newest OFW and it worked flawlessly after that, played and ran and saved every game and homebrew I threw at it until I got to playing pokemon ranger that was the only game it would not save for so I upgraded to the AKAIO 1.4.1 custom fw and still works great no issues other than not saving for that one single game still.

I don't think they are fakes or clones just maybe a different version of the cart itself older or newer I don't know but in my case don't matter because it works but for you I don't know seems like you've tried everything...

My friend had a similar problem but he got his working I bought mine and his from the same site but he just wasn't putting the correct files on and he formatted to NTSC instead of FAT16 which I was told it's supposed to be.

Did you download the ak2_setup file from themott? I used that when applied the necessary updates to it like the OFW 4.16 or AKAIO 1.4.1 proper and make sure you update the akloader and the wifi plugin so you can update the loader via wifi if you have wifi in your house and it'll update your loader to the correct for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1