Hacking Failed to run 1.50 kernel homebrew.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
I installed 1.50 addon for 5.00 M33 and tried to run several homebrews for FW 1.50 on my phat(TA-081) with 5.00 M33-6 but it failed on all (snes9xTYL ,psp7800, pspmsx,cps1psp,cps2psp, etc.). I tried to put them in folder GAME, GAME150, GAME5XX but it doesn't work. On folder GAME150, the screen fade to black and would shutdown in 10 secs, other folders, show error codes.

Anyone has similar problem like me? What did I do wrong?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Which homebrews? You don't describe enabling the 1.50 kernel mode for homebrew in recovery, nor the % folders, so are you certain? Doesn't sound much like you're doing what you think you're doing, or if you are you're doing it to your detriment (any 1.50 kernel release of CPS2PSP has just got to be worse than the final release).

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
I also tried enabling 1.50 kernel in recovery menu too. Is it correct to put both "snes9xTYL" and "snes9xTYL%" folders in "GAME150" or other folders? I heard that snes9xTYL in 1.50 kernel is faster.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure that that's correct about SNES emulation these days but if it floats your boat....try putting both folders in PSP\GAME (not any of the other folders like 150 or 5xx) and ensuring 1.50 is enabled in recovery.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Can SNES emulation be faster than it is normally? I mean, there are only a handful of games that don't run at full speed. Too bad SMRPG is one of the ones that lags.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
I'm not sure that that's correct about SNES emulation these days but if it floats your boat....try putting both folders in PSP\GAME (not any of the other folders like 150 or 5xx) and ensuring 1.50 is enabled in recovery.
I tried that too but doesn't work.

I'm not sure that it would be faster than latest version that I need to try it. I heard that 1.5 kernel mode is faster. On the later version, coder switched to use mediaengine.prx that the cpu speed fix to max 333 MHz, couldn't adjust anymore (few people notice this issue).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You should have one corrupted icon and one good icon for each homebrew, and be running the non corrupt one. Are you certain the 1.50 kernel installed properly? Are you certain that the files you have are good?

The last reference to SNES being faster on 1.50 is from a few years ago....and the point you reference would surely only make things slower.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded 150k_addon500.rar from PSP-Hxxxx.com, put installation folder in GAME and 150.pbp in root and run to install.

Thanks for told me that it's slower. I won't try to run 1.50 for snes emu anymore.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't tell you that it was slower, i said i wouldn't be confident it'd be faster!

I'd suggest you find a 1.50 Homebrew that's confirmed working and see if you can get that to run. You're doing something wrong with either file placement or the files themselves, or even the 1.50 install, so the best thing would be to verify you have the 1.50 kernel set up correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld