Hacking Fail0verflow release more... somethings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depressing; something that truly matters and no updates, no clarifications, no ideas lately.

The best time with something like this is when it goes all quiet. I love it when you get a teaser and then nothing, it usually means something really big is incoming!

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dug through twitter, tried to get into efnet #wiidev and other channels (denied, lmfao, go figure), went through friends of certain people on twitter, etc. Emailed Marcan, sent tweets, but no responses, no information gained. Might be right cowboy but it is torture to wait. I HATE not having information. Some pics on twitter of a friend of Marcan show a Wii U motherboard, with a serial device, then what LOOKS like some nand reading tools (guess). Picture gets fuzzy as I zoom in and I only have 360 experience to go on. If it will not be cracked, then maybe I sell it while it has value now. If I must wait for a year, I still may sell it:-( I HATE waiting. Anyway, up to me, my choice, just checking in again.

joeatcre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dug through twitter, tried to get into efnet #wiidev and other channels (denied, lmfao, go figure), went through friends of certain people on twitter, etc. Emailed Marcan, sent tweets, but no responses, no information gained. Might be right cowboy but it is torture to wait. I HATE not having information. Some pics on twitter of a friend of Marcan show a Wii U motherboard, with a serial device, then what LOOKS like some nand reading tools (guess). Picture gets fuzzy as I zoom in and I only have 360 experience to go on. If it will not be cracked, then maybe I sell it while it has value now. If I must wait for a year, I still may sell it:-( I HATE waiting. Anyway, up to me, my choice, just checking in again.

they're not going to give just anybody the exploit early thats how leaks happen and if the exploit is easily patchable then it will ruin it for everyone and all their hard work will be for nothing. just give em the chance to iron the bugs out of the current exploit or a chance to study everything inside and out which will likely lead to a exploit that cant be patched without N changing hardware/or cant be patched because the system depends on it at such a low level that N cant change it. be patient it will come when the time is right.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were prob denied cause you were using mibbit.... use mirc or xchat or colloguy(w/e the osx one is called)

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something I found on sven's twitpic. Might shed a little light on how they're trying to hack it.
http://twitpic.com/bjklgk

Dated 6th Dec. Goodness knows how far along they are now.
I found two others much more complicated;-). They were all before the hashes were released by failoverflow;-). I tried different clients for efnet but could not see anything. I had names, like sven, but no chat to see. Anyone have updated info?

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A usb solution? I was wondering with Ninty making usb drive compatibility so easy, if that would be a way in.....

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found two others much more complicated;-). They were all before the hashes were released by failoverflow;-). I tried different clients for efnet but could not see anything. I had names, like sven, but no chat to see. Anyone have updated info?

If you could see names on the side but no chat, you were probably in but the problem is most of their convo's will be in private or in sub-rooms that someone would have to grant you access to and good luck getting in on those....

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here's something I found on sven's twitpic. Might shed a little light on how they're trying to hack it.
http://twitpic.com/bjklgk

Dated 6th Dec. Goodness knows how far along they are now.
looks like we have related talk:
http://mirror.fem-net.de/CCC/29C3/m...en-writing_a_thumbdrive_from_scratch_h264.mp4

edit:
attack scenario:
- place any legit content on emulated usb drive
- ask wii to update or install it
- wii will read content and check signatures (which passes)
- usb will switch content for our one
- wii reads data for main update
- profit

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, guessed private room idea. Wondered what Sven was up to in twitter pics. Have not seen link you sent but your summary makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
they're not going to give just anybody the exploit early thats how leaks happen and if the exploit is easily patchable then it will ruin it for everyone and all their hard work will be for nothing. just give em the chance to iron the bugs out of the current exploit or a chance to study everything inside and out which will likely lead to a exploit that cant be patched without N changing hardware/or cant be patched because the system depends on it at such a low level that N cant change it. be patient it will come when the time is right.

Not quite right,
Unless they exploit a feature in WiiU that needs internet connection... which is very unlikely... Once they are in, they can delve into the details of the system as long as they want since update would be optional and they can keep their system in the exploited version.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Come on, it´s no rocket science to chat in irc.
Install mirc, connect to efnet server and join #wiiudev, there you can annoy all the hackers. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu