Hacking Fail to rip Xenoblade fully. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oimori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to rip Xenoblade(Japanese ver.) with cfg usb loader 70, but it only made an iso whose amount is 4.3GB.
I've heard that full size of Xenoblade(Chronicles) is 6.51GB. I think the reason is its dual-layer disk, but I don't know what to do.
I've tried clean rip and it said ''logical block address out of range" while it produced 4.3GB file, so clean rip is useless for me.
At present, wbfs file produced by cfg usb loader is working in both cfg usb loader and Dolphin, but it will cause problems.
Please tell me how to rip the disk fully!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you're ripping directly to an HDD, make sure you're not ripping to a FAT32 drive - the file size limit of that file system is a little over 4GB and I don't think loaders split the dump automatically. You'll want to use an NTFS partition, even if only temporarily.

oimori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try Usb Loader GX, it worked on mine

I tried it, but it said" Xenoblade : 4.10GB".
I'm trying ripping now with GX, but there will be more things to solve.

If you're ripping directly to an HDD, make sure you're not ripping to a FAT32 drive - the file size limit of that file system is a little over 4GB and I don't think loaders split the dump automatically. You'll want to use an NTFS partition, even if only temporarily.

I use a WBFS 8gb USB Flash Drive.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Odd, I ripped it to FAT32, but USB Loader GX did indeed split the file into two WBFS files, worked fine when I ripped it, NTFS won't work on most USB loaders or other apps. Also dumped Super Mario Galaxy 2, Brawl and MK Wii, all of which use dual layered DVDs on FAT32. but again, it does split.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're using WBFS files or the WBFS filesystem? Because they're two different things.
Odd, I ripped it to FAT32, but USB Loader GX did indeed split the file into two WBFS files, worked fine when I ripped it, NTFS won't work on most USB loaders or other apps. Also dumped Super Mario Galaxy 2, Brawl and MK Wii, all of which use dual layered DVDs on FAT32. but again, it does split.
I'm well-aware of that, what I said was that I don't know if the loader will split the file while dumping, which is why I suggested using a file system that works with 4GB+ files.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Care to explain how I ripped those to my FAT32 HDD? Once again, USB Loader splits anything > 4 GB. I'd be more than glad to show screenshots of the split WBFS files.
I was not sure if loaders split files while dumping, see above. If they do then good for him, he should use FAT32 instead of the obsolete WBFS.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was not sure if loaders split files while dumping, see above. If they do then good for him, he should use FAT32 instead of the obsolete WBFS.

Well, I know for a fact that that 8.7 GB ISOs I ripped were indeed split by USB Loader GX.

Edit: Found this

http://wiki.robotz.com/index.php/Configurable_USB_Loader

Q: Isn't FAT limited to 4GB file size but a game iso is larger than 4GB?
A: Yes, that's why the .wbfs files are scrubbed to save space and if it is still larger than 4GB it is split to 4GB chunks. Split files are named gameid.wbfs, gameid.wbf1, gameid.wbf2,... similar to how the a .rar archive can be split to multiple files (.rar, .r01, .r02,...)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Welp, in that case I will go down my usual line of thought and blame WBFS as the party responsible for all the evils of the world (because it's usually the responsible party) and I'll suggest switching to a file system that works, for instance FAT32 or, if that fails, NTFS (only for the sake of the dump, not actual everyday use - that would be even worse than WBFS).

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, in that case I will go down my usual line of thought and blame WBFS as the party responsible for all the evils of the world (because it's usually the responsible party) and I'll suggest switching to a file system that works, for instance FAT32 or, if that fails, NTFS (only for the sake of the dump, not actual everyday use).

The files themselves are WBFS, the file system is FAT32

Source: http://wiki.robotz.com/index.php/Configurable_USB_Loader
A: Yes, that's why the .wbfs files are scrubbed to save space and if it is still larger than 4GB it is split to 4GB chunks. Split files are named gameid.wbfs, gameid.wbf1, gameid.wbf2,... similar to how the a .rar archive can be split to multiple files (.rar, .r01, .r02,...)

FAT32 with WBFS files.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The files themselves are WBFS, the file system is FAT32

Source: http://wiki.robotz.com/index.php/Configurable_USB_Loader

FAT32 with WBFS files.
Thank you, I know that files on FAT32 drives have the WBFS extension, I was talking about WBFS the file system.
Maybe mine is wbfs file system formatted by wii backup manager.
Both are obsolete. Use Wii Backup Manager and FAT32 instead.

oimori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I formatted the drive as you showed(FAT32 by WBM), and I retried, but USB Loader still says" Xenoblade: 4.10GB".
It should be 6.51GB.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OK, I formatted the drive as you showed(FAT32 by WBM), and I retried, but USB Loader still says" Xenoblade: 4.10GB".
It should be 6.51GB.
Does it show that size in the loader or is that the file size on the drive (Disconnect it and check on your PC)? Perhaps the loader only "sees" the first chunk. Also, are you scrubbing anything from the image? I have seen Xenoblade rips that are around that size.

oimori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it show that size in the loader or is that the file size on the drive (Disconnect it and check on your PC)? Perhaps the loader only "sees" the first chunk. Also, are you scrubbing anything from the image? I have seen Xenoblade rips that are around that size.

No, I just tried to install it.

That's odd. Does CleanRip produce the same result when using a FAT32 drive?

Yes.

oimori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have any other drive you could rip to instead of that stick? Can you post a sysCheck of your system?

I have used SDHC card(both FAT32 and NTFS were tried) in clean rip, but it also said" logical block address out of range" when ripping reached 4.3GB. Maybe Clean rip recognizes the data is 6.5GB, but ripping itself fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol