Hacking Factory Resetting Question

Sn10jg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm having trouble for the longest time doing a system update and wanted to try to eliminate some possibilities. I want to know before I do a factory reset will I need to do a system transfer to get my nintendo network id again? Do I need to do anything before the reset to get the nintendo id working. I'm also sure there's a way to backup my save file.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you do not need to do a System Transfer to add your ID. Just make a new Mii then link it with your NNID.

As for your save files, just google Saviine.

Sn10jg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you do not need to do a System Transfer to add your ID. Just make a new Mii then link it with your NNID.

Ok so I'm gonna try to backup using saviine and I'm using ddd to get the save just in case.

Sn10jg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Actually are you sure? I'm reading some things online that if you remove your nintendo id from the wiiu, do a factory reset, then relink it won't work.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually are you sure? I'm reading some things online that if you remove your nintendo id from the wiiu, do a factory reset, then relink it won't work.

I'm fairly certain. Since formatting doesn't change the console ID, there's no reason why it should think that you're trying to link the NNID to a different Wii U.

If you're feeling unsure in me, I suppose you could try a system transfer, but I don't think that's actually possible to do with a single Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.