Factory Resetting Question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sn10jg, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    So I'm having trouble for the longest time doing a system update and wanted to try to eliminate some possibilities. I want to know before I do a factory reset will I need to do a system transfer to get my nintendo network id again? Do I need to do anything before the reset to get the nintendo id working. I'm also sure there's a way to backup my save file.

2. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    No, you do not need to do a System Transfer to add your ID. Just make a new Mii then link it with your NNID.

As for your save files, just google Saviine.

3. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    Ok so I'm gonna try to backup using saviine and I'm using ddd to get the save just in case.

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    DDD works fine to dump the save. you'll need Saviine to inject it

5. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    Ah gotcha.

6. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    Actually are you sure? I'm reading some things online that if you remove your nintendo id from the wiiu, do a factory reset, then relink it won't work.

7. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    I'm fairly certain. Since formatting doesn't change the console ID, there's no reason why it should think that you're trying to link the NNID to a different Wii U.

If you're feeling unsure in me, I suppose you could try a system transfer, but I don't think that's actually possible to do with a single Wii U.