F2A Drivers & Writer on Windows 7

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Abstract3000, Dec 16, 2009.

Dec 16, 2009
  1. Abstract3000
    OP

Newcomer Abstract3000 Advanced Member

United States
    Has anyone got the F2A GBA USB drivers to work on Windows 7? I tried downloading the XP setup drivers & running setup to no avail as well i have tried to run the USB Writer V102 yet I get DlPortIO.dll is missing from computer error, any suggetstions to get this to work? when trying to point out the drivers manually the system won't except them
    thanx

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You can't load those 32bit XP drivers in win7, thats because the driver structures are different, same thing in vista. If you got the 64bit version of vista/win7, your 100% SOL trying to load 32bit drivers on a 64bit system. There is also NO SUCH thing as compatibility mode for drivers, that is only for programs.

Your only suggestion is to use a real XP box. It does work on a XP netbook, if you want to spend some cash for one.

3. tucsonsduke

Newcomer tucsonsduke Newbie

United States
    I got it working under XP mode in windows 7. First download XP mode (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx). When I booted XP mode I looked at the drop down at the top, chose usb, and selected Unknown device. I then installed the drivers on the XP box, followed the normal procedure, and was able to flash the games to my F2A

4. disc_over

Newcomer disc_over Newbie

Spain
  5. Dinges

Newcomer Dinges Newbie

Netherlands
    I got the same problem, but found out that the hardware ID of the driver wasn't right.
    Maby you could try the driver from this rar file, it worked at my windows 7 x86 pc.

Leave as message if it workes and good luck. :yaynds:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=e5c4e21fdef61d5c&resid=E5C4E21FDEF61D5C!158&parid=root