Gaming F-Zero DS?????

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
For me F-Zero is the best racing game ever great graphics and sound.

But a DS version would be crappy I think because the developers would try to get use of the touchpad and that doesn't work with F-Zero

Nintendo devs are intelligent enough to know where touchscreen is useless
smile.gif

Look at Mario Kart DS. Touching the screen during the race does the same as pressing one button (the one that switches maps).

But it would be kickass to have some level editing mode utilizing both screens somehow!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they ever do one I get the feeling they'll make it so you draw a circle and your veihicle does a spinning attack and thats about it, other than that you could use the touchscreen to make create tracks and edit your vehicles.

gov78

Ha made you Look
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok i think that the are 3 possabilitys

1.Touch Screen Map
2.Track Editor/Creator
3.Vehicles Decal/Emblems

thats what i think anyway

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gamecube one is fricken awesome have something like that on the DS..It would pwn to have online multiplayer. If they didn't have that, they'd just be screwing themselves over. Of course, it would have to have a cap of like 8 players per race.
And we need to be able to edit tracks.
Also, they should turn down the difficult just a tad from the gamecube game >.>

Exactly! I'd love to see an F-Zero GX style game on DS with online multiplayer. I'd lose countless hours of sleep with a game like that!
wub.gif

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the difficulty of GX was what made the game. It was in your face killing and destruction, at breakneck speeds. I get so pumped playing that game, so fast and at any second you could be knocked off or blown up. Nintendo and Sega came together and made damn near the most perfect racer ever.
Wow finally more people who enjoy Fzero gx as much as I do. Its pretty much my favorite racer of all time!
smile.gif
wub.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Weird, where IS F-Zero DS?! It just HAS to be in development somewhere... F-Zero was my first GBA title and I loved it back in the day...
wub.gif
I wonder what they would do for a DS version but it would probably be awesome.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
F-Zero is teh sex and certainly one of Nintendos better ip's... GX was the best in the series and bollocks to anyone who said otherwise! An F-Zero game for the DS is definately on the cards but the problem is that F-Zero games sell like crap. I think Nintendo could get away with porting the N64 version + 64DD expansion - the new cups and track editor would definately make it worthy of a purchase. An online mode would be an obvious inclusion but I can't see the DS being able to handle more than 4 players at once.

gov78

Ha made you Look
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well we will have to wait and see knowing what nintendos like it wont be out for a while maybe close to the end of this year maybe in the middle if where lucky

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
one thing that bugged me about GX was that when runnin at top speed... and you tilt the stick a little to make a slight turn... and then... tilt it again, very little, for another inch (in game).... but do it too quickly, it has the same effect as holding down L n R and turning... the über turn... ANNOYING? YES!

oh, and the difficulty kinda turned me off... but only at the missions, the races were great.. but the mission mode was to hard.... (especially the hard levels
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)