F-Zero DS?????

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by gov78, Mar 9, 2007.

1. gov78
    OP

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    anyone else wanna see a F-zero on the ds as much as i do?

2. Modrak

Modrak GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2006
    YES !
    I'd kill for one. Literally. [​IMG]

3. Scorpin200

Scorpin200 Iceman

Banned
    Jan 14, 2006
    United States
    Maryland
    It better be like the snes version or better, because the gba versions were crap.

4. gov78
    OP

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    yea i hope so too the SNES version was the best.

5. hobotent

hobotent GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2004
    United States
    I liked F-Zero 3(climax i think?)...then again I didn't play the SNES versions, but it was very fun [​IMG]

6. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I hope for one where you can edit tracks or at least like the one for the GC with online multiplayer. Imagine that. 30 players online all exploding.

7. Digeman

Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 5, 2005
    Or even better, F-Zero for the wii with online capabilities to be able to play 30 players on all tracks...*UBERDROOLS* [​IMG]

8. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    I reckon every F-zero game is great. Love to see a DS version with the N64 engine and all the extras that and the 64DD one had like track editor. Wi-fi would be great too.

Nintendo need to bring their sport titles to the DS it needs them! 1080 Snowboarding, Excite Bike and Wave Race would all do very well.

9. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    The gamecube one is fricken awesome. There should be something like that on the DS..It would pwn to have online multiplayer. If they didn't have that, they'd just be screwing themselves over. Of course, it would have to have a cap of like 8 players per race.
    And we need to be able to edit tracks.
    Also, they should turn down the difficult just a tad from the gamecube game.
    [EDIT] omg, I hate my computer. Made my cursor jump and I skipped typing like, half of a sentence.

10. Digeman

Dec 5, 2005
    No way dude the difficulty was the thing that made it so freakin' awesome! [​IMG]

Edit: Apart from the uberfast speeds, awesome tracks and excellent graphics ofcourse [​IMG]

11. Hadrian

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    The difficulty made this a game I kept on trying to beat and I still play the N64 and GC versions because of it, other racers become boring as they become easy after you master them F-Zero doesnt.

12. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    The story mode was really difficult. Plus, you had to use credits to unlock the next level...

13. BvG

BvG GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2003
    Netherlands
    Some flashy F-Zero X graphics, online gameplay, track editor and created by the creators of F-Zero GX is all this guy needs [​IMG]

14. Hadrian

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    I keep forgetting that GX was done by SEGA!

15. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Yeah the difficulty of GX was what made the game. It was in your face killing and destruction, at breakneck speeds. I get so pumped playing that game, so fast and at any second you could be knocked off or blown up. Nintendo and Sega came together and made damn near the most perfect racer ever.

16. Digeman

Dec 5, 2005
    Amen to that bro! [​IMG]

17. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    [​IMG]

ok... always did like F-zero stuff!

18. imgod22222

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    I would like it, but at the same time, i wouldn't like it. Why? Because if they do make it, they'll probably use DKR-like graphics compared to MKDS graphics. MKDS > DKR graphics wise on the DS by like 1000%.

Also, since F-Zero is so friggin fast, you should want to easily see what's on the horizon. Kinda hard to do with a low-res screen like that found on the DS.

And on top of that, if Nintendo continues their trend, they're going to kill the game with a bad 2D top view via touchscreen, or they'll add touchscreen perks.

I think that the only way F-Zero would be successful on the DS, is if they could get the 3D view to work on both screens, or if they totally turn off one screen on concentrate on making that view kickass.

19. Gooseman

Gooseman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2007
    Gambia, The
    For me F-Zero is the best racing game ever great graphics and sound.

But a DS version would be crappy I think because the developers would try to get use of the touchpad and that doesn't work with F-Zero

20. gov78
    OP

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    IMO i think that the touch screen would be used if they make it anything like MKDS the will use it for some kind of map. graphic wise i dont mind as long as the on par with MKDS but to me it all about GAME PLAY!