F-Zero AX Cabinet Project

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kevinpuerta, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Kevinpuerta
    OP

Kevinpuerta GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    Hi. Im planning to recreate a f zero ax machine. I wont be using the original triforce pcb and game. I will be using a wii running nintendont and mod a gamecube control to pedals and an arcade yoke. Is there a way to make buttons like, a,b,x,y to an axis? Im going to mod the a and b button to each pedal. Im buying original artwork from someone. The cabinet will be a regular driving cabinet. Im checking constantly on craigslist incase a broken/nonworking cabinet is put for free/sale.

2. Godwin_Point

Godwin_Point Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    France
    Lannilis
    I think you can always force the pedal to act as a button, but it won"t react to any difference of pressure.

3. Kevinpuerta
    OP

Kevinpuerta GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    How would I do that? The pedals have 5k potentiometer and 3 pins 1:5v. 2:axis. 3gnd
    Gamecube control is two pins. 1:abutton 2:gnd
    Do I just put button to axis and gnd to gnd and not use the 5v? Woukd that work?

4. Godwin_Point

Godwin_Point Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    France
    Lannilis
    I know you can make Xbox 360 trigger act like button by bridging the two bottom pins with a 10k resistor, and it works the same for the xbox one pad. I don't know how you would find the correct resistor value for your potentiometer tho

5. Kevinpuerta
    OP

Kevinpuerta GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    Is it required to have a resistor? The side attacks are mapped to the l and r analog. Im having the analogs act as button presses.

In AX side attacks arnt mapped to l and r but to l,r analogs so I did what you were talking about and it works with out a resistor.
    Side attacks are now assigned to the yellow buttons seen in the pic I added

Do you think it could be reversed for the potentiometer?

Attached Files: