Hacking EZVi Stopped working

DrFiishy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just tried to play with the EZVi again, and for some reason the thing whont boot up. meaning the DS doesnt reconize the card..the first time i did boot it up it says there wasnt a kernel on it (wich was on it). and after i plugged it in again it whont reconize anymore, i think it might be busted...tbh im pretty sure it is...anyone here have another idea what might have happend?..also if it is what card shall i buy next? i can remember there was a card wich runs GBA games

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it was sitting unused for some time? It's probably just dirty/corroded, clean the contacts w/ a soft eraser and if you have access to some some electrical contact cleaner (keep it off the plastic though, it can melt it). Don't use alcohol, it will leave a film. Not much you can do about the SD slot but but insert and remove the microSD a few times and then take some compressed air to it.

As far as a new cart is a concern, I only have an EZV and a Super Card DS2. The SCDS2 is the cart you're thinking of that can play GBA w/o a slot 2 device. It's a nice cart but I actually prefer my EZ5 for most things because I prefer it's interface. Not to suggest that I don't like the SCDS2, I'm very happy w/ it, I just prefer the EZ5 for day to day typical running "back ups" usage. I could safely recommend either cart.

DrFiishy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nop it was still used every day..

as for the new card i just orderd an old R4

but still i would like to know what could have broken the card..i doubt it was ''overused''

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0