EZVi Stopped working

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by darkbillie, Jun 7, 2011.

1. darkbillie
    OP

darkbillie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    just tried to play with the EZVi again, and for some reason the thing whont boot up. meaning the DS doesnt reconize the card..the first time i did boot it up it says there wasnt a kernel on it (wich was on it). and after i plugged it in again it whont reconize anymore, i think it might be busted...tbh im pretty sure it is...anyone here have another idea what might have happend?..also if it is what card shall i buy next? i can remember there was a card wich runs GBA games

2. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    I take it was sitting unused for some time? It's probably just dirty/corroded, clean the contacts w/ a soft eraser and if you have access to some some electrical contact cleaner (keep it off the plastic though, it can melt it). Don't use alcohol, it will leave a film. Not much you can do about the SD slot but but insert and remove the microSD a few times and then take some compressed air to it.

As far as a new cart is a concern, I only have an EZV and a Super Card DS2. The SCDS2 is the cart you're thinking of that can play GBA w/o a slot 2 device. It's a nice cart but I actually prefer my EZ5 for most things because I prefer it's interface. Not to suggest that I don't like the SCDS2, I'm very happy w/ it, I just prefer the EZ5 for day to day typical running "back ups" usage. I could safely recommend either cart.

3. darkbillie
    OP

darkbillie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    nop it was still used every day..

as for the new card i just orderd an old R4

but still i would like to know what could have broken the card..i doubt it was ''overused''

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice