Hacking EzFlash Jr Definitive Edition

Baggins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After seeing how great and feature filled the Omega DE is, where is a Ez Flash Jr definitive edition? What can you add to it to make it better than the Everdrive X7? Rumble (for the over dozen games that have built in rumble) and motion control (Kirby Tilt & Whirl, and Commander Master)? + save states, and all the bells and whistles that Everdrive GB X7 already has?

BTW, I just got the ODE, and have been setting up file system, and categories. Really impressed with the device. It's certainly beats EverDrive GBA X5 in features. It's got a few problems what with what appears to be limited number of files per folder (not a big deal) since I don't toss all my roms into a single folder in general... Then there is some issues with larger file names not showing up as useable roms, but not sure what sets that off, since it doesn't seem to be fully consistent as to which will work and those that show up as something other than a GBA file...

Only thing that could make the card better is a future separate model that adds Solar sensors, and motion control for the boktai and games like wario-ware twisted. I can only dream, however unlikely that would be! But I do love how current model works with Drill Dozer and its rumble without any work, and concept of mods to add rumble to other games. Where is a mod to make rumble features in games like Mario & Luigi RPG or Pokemon Pinballs from working from the built in rumble, instead of a need for gameboy player, and a GC controller? (Anyone out there want to look into it?)...

I love the save state system, something that's unique to the Omega and ODE, and something that makes X5 feel obsolete... I'm sure cheat system would be interesting, once I figure out how to use them...

Last edited by Baggins,

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After seeing how great and feature filled the ODE is, where is a Ez Flash Jr definitive edition? What can you add to it to make it better than the Everdrive X7? Rumble (for the over dozen games that have built in rumble) and motion control (Kirby Tilt & Whirl, and Commander Master)? + save states, and all the bells and whistles that Everdrive GB X7 already has?

BTW, I just got the ODE, and have been setting up file system, and categories. Really impressed with the device. It's certainly beats EverDrive GBA X5 in features. It's got a few problems what with what appears to be limited number of files per folder (not a big deal) since I don't toss all my roms into a single folder in general... Then there is some issues with larger file names not showing up as useable roms, but not sure what sets that off, since it doesn't seem to be fully consistent as to which will work and those that show up as something other than a GBA file...

Only thing that could make the card better is a future separate model that adds Solar sensors, and motion control for the boktai and games like wario-ware twisted. I can only dream, however unlikely that would be! But I do love how current model works with Drill Dozer and its rumble without any work, and concept of mods to add rumble to other games. Where is a mod to make rumble features in games like Mario & Luigi RPG or Pokemon Pinballs from working from the built in rumble, instead of a need for gameboy player, and a GC controller? (Anyone out there want to look into it?)...

I love the save state system, something that's unique to the Omega and ODE, and something that makes X5 feel obsolete... I'm sure cheat system would be interesting, once I figure out how to use them...
Save states would be fantastic!

Reactions: GASH

Baggins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save states would be fantastic!

Hell ya, I love my GB X7, because of that feature. Sure its not 100% reliable, and doesn't work on every game. But its handy on 90% of them.

If EzFlash could come out with a competing product that adds in rumble, and motion control it would be just about the perfect product.

Imagine it could also be fit into a GBA sized case? (came with both cases for classic GBC and GBA size).

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hell ya, I love my GB X7, because of that feature. Sure its not 100% reliable, and doesn't work on every game. But its handy on 90% of them.

If EzFlash could come out with a competing product that adds in rumble, and motion control it would be just about the perfect product.

Imagine it could also be fit into a GBA sized case? (came with both cases for classic GBC and GBA size).
:wub:
giphy.webp

Baggins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcart price goes brrr.
Compared to EverDrive, EZFlash is easily the more affordable option. If they make something up to the quality of ODE's build at least, with all GB X7 features + rumble and motion, they'd have a really good product on their hand, and could probably mass produce much cheaper than EverDrive can.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, the ODE has more features than the GBA X5 but it's still expensive. Let's be real. It's hard to sell flashcarts in the $90+ range to a niche market.

Baggins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Omega Definitive Edition, as opposed to Optical Drive Emulator (i.e. Mega SD/Mega Everdrive Pro).....or the Olahoma, Oregon, or Ohio Department of Education, or the Open Dynamics Engine, or insert a number of acronyms, that use ODE....

https://www.acronymfinder.com/ODE.html#:~:text=ODE: Ozone Depletion Event (climate) ODE: Open Dynamics,Events; astronomical group) ODE: Outreach and Distance

I think the context of talking about the Omega DE was pretty clear from the start. Since I talke dabout the Omega Definitive Edition in the first post.

Last edited by Baggins,

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Omega Definitive Edition, as opposed to Optical Drive Emulator (i.e. Mega SD/Mega Everdrive Pro).....or the Olahoma, Oregon, or Ohio Department of Education, or the Open Dynamics Engine, or insert a number of acronyms, that use ODE....

https://www.acronymfinder.com/ODE.html#:~:text=ODE: Ozone Depletion Event (climate) ODE: Open Dynamics,Events; astronomical group) ODE: Outreach and Distance

I think the context of talking about the Omega DE was pretty clear from the start. Since I talke dabout the Omega Definitive Edition in the first post.
Please, Sir: Don't feed the trolls

Reactions: KevinMX

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

shame on me

Reactions: KevinMX

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the EZFlash people actually look at these threads and they are really awesome about how they interact with the community I just want to get a word in on this. If there is any plans for an EZ Flash Jr Definitive Edition somewhere down the line myself and I assume a few other people would really love for there to be the Mode A Mode B functionality from the EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition for Pokemon Stadium and the other supported Transfer Pak games. I already have an EverDrive GB X7 and I would probably never use it again if you made just the current EZFlash Jr with the FRAM save functionality of the Omega Definitive Edition and a mode switch. I just bought my 2nd EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition a few days ago and I am in love the product you guys make, so even if this doesn't ever happen keep up the good work regardless because I will always be a customer.

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

Baggins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the EZFlash people actually look at these threads and they are really awesome about how they interact with the community I just want to get a word in on this. If there is any plans for an EZ Flash Jr Definite Edition somewhere down the line myself and I assume a few other people would really love for there to be the Mode A Mode B functionality from the EZ Flash Omega Definite Edition for Pokemon Stadium and the other supported Transfer Pak games. I already have an EverDrive GB X7 and I would probably never use it again if you made just the current EZFlash Jr with the FRAM save functionality of the ODE and a mode switch. I just bought my 2nd EZ Flash Omega Definite Edition a few days ago and I am in love the product you guys make, so even if this doesn't ever happen keep up the good work regardless because I will always be a customer.

Definitely!

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After seeing how great and feature filled the Omega DE is, where is a Ez Flash Jr definitive edition? What can you add to it to make it better than the Everdrive X7? ... I'm sure cheat system would be interesting, once I figure out how to use them...
Solar sensors are somewhat hard to become reality... but I agreed with you, save states is a imprescindible feature.

Baggins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solar sensors are somewhat hard to become reality... but I agreed with you, save states is a imprescindible feature.

LIke the next person said solar would only be good for GBA card. There are a few options on the market for those at least. But only one game per card.

Reactions: WiLLiW

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a GBC game with a light meter feature, actually....

...and it probably already works fine, because the sensor is the GBC's infrared port! :D

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the EZFlash people actually look at these threads and they are really awesome about how they interact with the community I just want to get a word in on this. If there is any plans for an EZ Flash Jr Definitive Edition somewhere down the line myself and I assume a few other people would really love for there to be the Mode A Mode B functionality from the EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition for Pokemon Stadium and the other supported Transfer Pak games. I already have an EverDrive GB X7 and I would probably never use it again if you made just the current EZFlash Jr with the FRAM save functionality of the Omega Definitive Edition and a mode switch. I just bought my 2nd EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition a few days ago and I am in love the product you guys make, so even if this doesn't ever happen keep up the good work regardless because I will always be a customer.
Does the Mode B Link setting have better battery life compared to Mode A?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over