ggdaltoso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone!

It was a long time I didn't play any games on my GBA and last week I decided to give it a try.
The first thing I did was turning my GBA on and what came to my screen was:
- a message saying the "battery is dry or first use"
- and the screen to select the games (ROMs)

I didn't know how EZFlash works (saves, ROMS, etc) and I ended up googling it and opening the official ezflash.cn website.
We have on the EZFlash IV page (ezflash.cn/product/ez-flash-iv/) a link "QUICK TUTORIAL" that I followed without any problem.

And then I updated the firmware to 2.05 and I also, eventually, changed the battery.

Everything is working now. I've finished Kirby - Nightmare in Dreamland :yaysp:

Great!

But, when I was in the firmware download page (ezflash.cn/download/ - Legacy Products), I did notice a "Customize Pack" that I want to give it a try too.

So, I downloaded that "kit", followed the simple .docx that came with it, and started to create my own theme/skin.

The generated .gba file works on my VisualBoyAdvance emulator, showing me the attached image.

The tutorial, from the docx, guide me to rename that ROM from .gba -> ezfla_up.bin, add that bin to my microSD root, and then reinstall the firmware again, as I already did earlier. Easy.

But it didn't work. It seems that once I have the firmware updated to 2.05, I'm unable to reinstall any firmware version.
The black screen update process doesn't show for me anymore, even holding the "R" button.

Someone can help me?

Attachments

• EZPDA95.png
    EZPDA95.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 163

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

It was a long time I didn't play any games on my GBA and last week I decided to give it a try.
The first thing I did was turning my GBA on and what came to my screen was:
- a message saying the "battery is dry or first use"
- and the screen to select the games (ROMs)

I didn't know how EZFlash works (saves, ROMS, etc) and I ended up googling it and opening the official ezflash.cn website.
We have on the EZFlash IV page (ezflash.cn/product/ez-flash-iv/) a link "QUICK TUTORIAL" that I followed without any problem.

And then I updated the firmware to 2.05 and I also, eventually, changed the battery.

Everything is working now. I've finished Kirby - Nightmare in Dreamland :yaysp:

Great!

But, when I was in the firmware download page (ezflash.cn/download/ - Legacy Products), I did notice a "Customize Pack" that I want to give it a try too.

So, I downloaded that "kit", followed the simple .docx that came with it, and started to create my own theme/skin.

The generated .gba file works on my VisualBoyAdvance emulator, showing me the attached image.

The tutorial, from the docx, guide me to rename that ROM from .gba -> ezfla_up.bin, add that bin to my microSD root, and then reinstall the firmware again, as I already did earlier. Easy.

But it didn't work. It seems that once I have the firmware updated to 2.05, I'm unable to reinstall any firmware version.
The black screen update process doesn't show for me anymore, even holding the "R" button.

Someone can help me?
U only can update on up to 2GB card 4GB aka SDHC will not let u update

ggdaltoso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Shadow#1

The 1GB microSD doesn't trigger any upgrade boot screen and
The 4GB shows me just a black screen

I'm sending two pictures: one showing my microSDs cards (1GB and 4GB) and a second one showing the black screen on my device.

Do you know what's happening?
microSDs.jpeg

black_screen.jpeg

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum