EZ5i kernel 3.0 OB8

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by FAST6191, Apr 28, 2012.

Apr 28, 2012

EZ5i kernel 3.0 OB8 by FAST6191 at 10:05 AM (4,359 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The EZTeam have released an update for the EZ5i line of flash carts (remember the EZ5, NYE and plus lines got split into the 2.0 line a while back) with game fixes being the order of the day. Full changelog below but fixes are for older games that still needed it (Puzzle Quest 2 and Solatorobo being the big two for most people), Korean games got some fixes and European region dupes are largely now sorted

3.0 OB8 release notes

[​IMG] EZFlash US forums thread

[​IMG] EZFlash.cn download section
    [​IMG] 3.0 OB8 filetrip download

Thanks to Mbmax for the filetrip upload and keeping us informed.

2. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Cool, i've just purchased the EZFlash Vi so this is a good start for me :)

3. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Thanks FAST6191 for the news on gbatemp. ;)

Windirt told me the official website is now up to date.

4. TheDestroyer

Member TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™

United States
    Newb question, I haven;t been around lately. Does EZ5i work on latest system version of 3DS? I have a japanese one..

5. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    It works on the DSi 1.4.4 and the 3DS 4.0.0-7.

6. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    is this card stil lrecommened to buy?

7. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    The reason i bought one was because i hear only good things about it.

8. MarcusRaven

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Yes, it is highly recommended. It is still one of the few carts that have been updating regularly with Nintendo's updates when needed.

9. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    So acekard2i , r4i gold, super card dstwo and ez vi are the top recommeneded carts? or is there more? cause i know clyclo ds and m3 are dead.

10. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Probably better suited to another thread but flash carts as I see it

Acekard 2i with AKAIO- fantastic compatibility and if all you want in the way of extras is soft reset and cheats you have it made. The team has been hanging back on DSi/3ds compatibility updates but that was entirely justified (no sense burning a viable rom)

Anything with R4 in the name- unless you have a wood compatible one that can be updated by software methods (or do not care about 3ds/dsi compatibility) avoid. This being said if the r4i gold does both I guess you can give it a go but nobody will show you much sympathy if the team should vanish tomorrow.

DSTwo (supercard)- nice extra features, a bit power hungry and somewhat more expensive which is not ideal on the back of the less than stellar 3ds battery life but a very very good cart.

ISMM (ismartDS)- much the same as the DStwo (media and GBA abilities) but none of the DSTwo specific homebrew and often slightly cheaper (still more than most though). It does however have a port of dingux which allows for many emulators (PS1 and amiga but the top tier ones and some games at least are reasonably playable on it). It is not a DStwo clone as some would have you believe but an OEM iplayer that the team licensed from supercard.

EZ5i (ezflash)- been a bit slow on game fixes these last couple of months (see the changelog from today) but are usually pretty good when it matters and when they have needed to update (nintendo seem to have missed them out the last few goes around) they have done so.

Cyclo and M3 are out of it as you say, anything else is probably a clone and almost certainly does not have a team with a rough idea what to do to fix roms and devices.

11. qlum

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    Oh wow they finally fixed puzzle quest 2. Shame I don't have a working ds anymore although I could easily have played it when I got a supercard ds2.