EZ4 + Wine

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by RodrigoDavy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. RodrigoDavy
    OP

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Hi!!!!! I am reeaaaaally druuuuunk cause I draaank a looot of wiiine, and I've to set up some easy floor...
    Just kidding!

I am a proud Ubuntu 12.10 user! I already know how to patch roms using the EZ-client, problem is I don't have Windows installed in my machine and have no intention of installing it.

The solution I came up with was installing Windows in a Virtual Machine, so I can transfer the unpatched rom to the VM patch tranfer it back to Ubuntu put it on the SD card. This solution works, but after doing this a few times, I found it rather tedious.

I tried running the EZ4_Client using Wine but it just give some error like "This program has found a fatal error and needs to be closed" (best translation I could guess). Anyone have a clue if it is possible to mix Wine and driving drugs kids EZ4?

2. qaz00

qaz00 ORG 0x0

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2010
    Just use the SRAM patcher in GBATA (http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm) which should run under wine (winetricks for a runtime may be needed) and copy and rename a blank sav file made by the EZ-Client to the same name as the ROM.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    EZ4client requires something mapped to the D :\ drive (easy enough to map something with WINE) or you to edit the internals of EZ4client to tell it to expect another drive that is not D :\ (it is 1am so I will have to leave it to you to search for- kuwanger was the one that came up with the fix so add his name to the search term).

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  4. RodrigoDavy
    OP

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Tested both option, the EZ4 Client only worked with wine when I mapped the only the C:\ and D :\ drives and nothing more than that. Even than, it crashed later when I selected the file I wanted to patch it crashed.

The GBATA worked like a charm and I just patched Final Fantasy Tatics Advance and waited a LONG time until the game finally let me make the first save after what was possibly the longest introduction I've ever seen in a portable game (and my gba battery was getting weak). Good news is, the save worked after I rebooted my gba (Phew!)

Thanks for the help, both of you!