Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ez4logo.gif
EZ4 and EZ5 udpates
Client pack and new beta
Various developments from the EZFlash camp.

EZ5icon.JPG

The EZ5 has a new beta loader out featuring some 3 in 1 features (including autopatching) and a new loader skinning tool.

3in1 new function
1. multi rom write
change the 3in1 mode in system setting between multi and single. GBA/NDS linker only works with single mode.
press A on any gba rom file in multi mode, the 3in1 option window will popup in lower screen.
press A on gba file again to write the file in order.
all command after gba name need double click.
rom write limited depend on the 3in1 nor flash size or 4Mbit sram saver size.

2. clean rom support
just copy the clean gba rom to microsd, it will be patched after write. no need 3in1 tools convert.

3. cht support
put the GBA cht file into CHT folder, filename same as the gba file name. cheat only works under EZ5. not standalone mode.

4. standalone mode
leave the 3in1 in DS also get the multiboot menu, but no cheat work.

the psram direct load involved with complex saver backup and load, maybe delay to next version(single mode only) or cancel.

Skineditor usage:
1. open the background
2. enable the element you want to display , non enabled elements will not displayed.
3. choose the icon bmp, bmp1=normal display(optional),bmp2=clicked display(must have)
4. you can change the text color
5. drag the elements to the postion you want
6. save the ini to your skin folder.

skineditor needs microsoft .net framework 2.0 to run.

download.gif
open beta download (ezflash.cn)
download.gif
GBAtemp download

ez4logo.gif

A new EZ4 client pack containing all that you will need for the EZ4 has been assembled.

New Client pack containing all you need for the EZ4.

I put together a selection of the best applications, files and other things for the EZ4 and EZ4Client and updated the naming lists.
Note I am not sure if the Chinese names for GBA roms still work (I may have broken the encoding, the old file that should work but lacks the last 9 roms is included in the \Langauge directory called romname.lstold).
The DS naming list uses ADVANsCEne offline list format files which uses romanised versions of the names for the games rather than Chinese lists I have seen (yyjoy forums had one a few months back if I recall correctly).
The DS lists use a batch file and wget so it should be easy enough to edit though.

From the changelog.
-----------------------------------------------------------
EZ4 Client pack 25th July 2008.

This is a pack assembled from all the tools available for the EZ4 and other carts that can use the code from it.

DS rom list autoupdate tool replaced with XML2romlistds autoupdate version from cracker. Readme for application included in the pack.
sosukes thread:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12879
gbatemp thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=96077

Simply run updatelist.bat to update the list. Now uses ADVANsCEne DS dat as opposed to custom created list.

DS list updated to Zoo Tycoon 2 (Korea) using above tool.
Note that the list is optional and confers no benefits other than not having to type a name in.
There is a box available in the top left of the application to type a name in.
If using hacked roms or roms otherwise not in the list (the XXXX/ique releases are included in the list) add them one by one (as opposed to adding as a batch) for any rom not in the list and without a name will be called .nds (with corresponding save file) and if there are multiple occurences of this the original .nds will be overwritten.

GBA rom list updated to 2782 Bratz - The Movie (Europe). No new XXXX or homebrew added.

EZ4 patching dll update to 17th of July 2008 patch. Fixes Dragon Quest 5.

Previous updates (released after last client pack) fixed
Trauma Center 2,TopSpin 3,Nanashi no Game, Disgaea, Taiko No Tatsujin, Harvest Moon DS (E) and Advance Wars - Dark Conflict (E) and (U).

Added save for Brain Age 2. Copy it across when you patch the rom making sure to use the same name.
You may wish to create your own save as it asks for personal info.
iDeaS is the emulator used for this save.
http://www.ideasemu.org/index.php?act=downloads

download.gif
GBAtemp download
download.gif
4shared download

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks FAST !
Great news. Multi-rom in NOR mode sounds great !

I hope PSRAM mode will not be canceled.

Congratulation team ez !
grog.gif

edit : FAST, i have a better picture for your news.
wink.gif

ez5plusnj2.png

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah sorry heh i actually just woke up at around 11:00 am so how bout when you are on we can pm and set up what time one of the people is a close friend of mine he can probably brawl. Then other is actually a member of this forum

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anybody know if the _new_ EZ5+ works with the _old_ 3-in-1? The new slot-1 might be worth a try, but I wouldn't wanna have to get another 3-in-1 to make full use of it.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It works on my ez5 NYE so i'm pretty sure it works too on EZ5 +.
The code to reconize the 3in1 expansion is inside the kernel (ez5sys.bin on the microSD) not in the Actel A3P.
wink.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Multi-rom mode, now that sounds pretty damned sweet. This'll turn the 3-in-1 into a perfect replacement when/if my current GBA cart's battery keels over and dies. (I'm gonna wish I'd got the GBA sized one now aren't I?
smile.gif
)

Not so sure about the patch-on-the-go thing though, it's a good idea in theory but I wonder how much of an impact it'll have on the time it takes to write. (not that I really use my 3-in-1 much, just wondering really). Or will we still be able to use .gba files that have already been run through the converter?

Musings aside though that's one pretty big update, sounds like they've been really busy. Awesome stuff
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo