Ez-Flash Vi not recognized?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by raziel_45, Jul 31, 2010.

Jul 31, 2010
  1. raziel_45
    OP

Newcomer raziel_45 Member

United States
    Okay, I've had my Vi for about six months, got it in the beginning of January, and haven't had a problem with it at all. In terms of Firmware, I've been running the last stable build, haven't update. And I know it's not my firmware, because it's not loading at all. I put it into my DS (I have an old phat, that works fine, loads other games), but it doesn't show up. Rather than booting the card, it goes to the firmware screen, and doesn't list a DS card as being inserted.

Is my Ez Vi farked or is there something I can do?

I got it from WikiNDS, so sending it back/contacting my retailer is out.

2. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Clean the contacts w/ a soft eraser (like Pentel's Clic Erasers) and/or some electrical contact cleaner. Stick a slice of business card behind it while inserting it (leave your self a pull tab so you can easily remove it when removing the card). If things improve then you're having contact issues and padding or more cleaning will mostly solve your woes. If not, yeah, your cart is knackered.

If just cleaning helps, your good. If you have to keep padding behind the cart I'd get a new one, it's only going to get worse. Of the dozen or so I've bought (friends afraid to order from DX and such giving me money to get them one) only one of them arrived out of the box w/ contact problems (I test them even if they are not for me), but padding worked w/ that one... For awhile. Once padded the cart would boot reliably for a week or so, then it started requiring a power cycle and an eject or two... The downward spiral from there was unholy. Now we use it a s betting game to who ever picks the right number of reboots, etc before it works wins.