EZ Flash Parallel MicroSD Card Compatibility

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To start off I'm using latest kernel from https://www.ezflash.cn/ that being v1.04

So I have tried a 32GB ONN a 64GB Sandisk a 128GB Sandisk and a PNY Elite pictured here out of all 4 only the 128GB Sandisk and PNY worked hopefully this a start of a MicroSD Card Compatibility list

"ALL FORMATED TO FAT32"

PNY Elite.jpg

Last edited by Shadow#1,
Reactions: Flame and SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To start off I'm using latest kernel from https://www.ezflash.cn/ that being v1.04

So I have tried a 32GB ONN a 64GB Sandisk a 128GB Sandisk and a PNY Elite pictured here out of all 3 only the 128GB Sandisk and PNY worked hopefully this a start of a MicroSD Card Compatibility list

"ALL FORMATED TO FAT32"

View attachment 429160
Welcome back @Shadow#1, long time no sea. Yes, anything that is a 32GB or 64GB card will support the Parallel. Depends on how many games you're willing to fit on one of these.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Janni9009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2 cards from the same manufacturer having different behaviour is odd...
Just to be sure - follow the DSi guide's formatting instructions. Windows, especially the basic formatter in explorer does a rather terrible job, only formatting the volume (so if the card is GPT instead of MBR for some reason it's still useless). SDMCFormatter should always be used on it, followed by GUIFormat for >32GB cards. Under linux I've also seen mkdosfs not be reliable in some distros (though in this case all cards should fail after formatting), GParted seems more reliable.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 cards from the same manufacturer having different behaviour is odd...
Just to be sure - follow the DSi guide's formatting instructions. Windows, especially the basic formatter in explorer does a rather terrible job, only formatting the volume (so if the card is GPT instead of MBR for some reason it's still useless). SDMCFormatter should always be used on it, followed by GUIFormat for >32GB cards. Under linux I've also seen mkdosfs not be reliable in some distros (though in this case all cards should fail after formatting), GParted seems more reliable.
nope doesnt make a damn differance did all that formattting and still same result the card compatibility is this bad

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 with a specific cluster size of 32K should get prettymuch every SD card working on it. Sometimes 64K cluster sizes not only work, but perform better for ROM loading/data streaming. Especially when it comes to games that stream video using the Mobiclip encoding. A1 and A2 cards are preferred, and for quality reasons, I suggest sticking with Samsung and Sandisk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y