EZ-FLASH OMEGA test flight

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by EZ-Flash2, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    GBC emulation is one example where emulator updates would be good. Can't get Pokemon Prism or Crystal to save and in particular Crystal has very corrupt graphics.

robofinch and mitch200584 like this.
  2. bola1717

bola1717 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Netherlands Antilles
    Maybe its possible to simply replace the "goomba" File I wonder

3. Sterophonick

Sterophonick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    How come the Addon only works for Commercial Games?

4. CoupureElectrique

CoupureElectrique Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    Canada
    Can’t play Pac Man World, Pac Man World 2 and Ms Pac Man Maze Madness (no intro, USA) when booting with addons but they work fine doing clean boots, Is this normal?

Last edited by CoupureElectrique, Oct 13, 2018
  5. PsxFan107

PsxFan107 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    Write to NOR Addon is not working for a good number of 32MB games. I tried with a clean pokemon mystery dungeon rom and it gets stuck at 255mb. Everything < 32MB works fine though. Also, said rom works perfectly through PSRAM. Super Monkey Ball Jr. is among those games that won't boot with addon.

I am using an AGS-001 and the latest FW+Kernel.

6. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    I could suggest you try a tool like GBATA to trim the ROM and see if it writes then.

Romain80200 likes this.
  7. robofinch

robofinch Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    United States
    Funny enough, this is exactly what brought me to this thread looking for answers. Crystal's graphics are a mess and saving on Prism is a pain, but has anyone found a way to fix Prism's crazy RTC?

8. JosephNeale

JosephNeale GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Wirral, England, UK
    every time I boot Pokemon Omega red rom hack it comes up with a message say the file overflow and let me know if there is a fix for this issue

Last edited by JosephNeale, Nov 9, 2018
  9. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    That's an issue with the ROM. ROMs can only be a maximum of 256Mbit (32Mbyte) in size. The ROM of the hack is 32,783KB in size, slightly over the limit of 32,768.

The ROM hack is too big to be played on the EZFlash Omega as it exceeds the boundary limits of what the GBA hardware can address - The ROM hack will only work on emulators unless the authors of the hack are able to reduce the size by 15KB.

EDIT: It seems as if the ROM is not intended to be larger than 32,768KB, most of the file is FF padded at the end. You can simply try removing the last 15KB of garbage data from the ROM to make it fit the 32Mbyte boundary. Maybe a ROM Trimmer can do that job automatically.
    omegared.png

Last edited by Localhorst86, Nov 9, 2018
  10. JosephNeale

JosephNeale GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Wirral, England, UK
    thanks for the info and trimming the rom with NDSTokyoTrim 3.1 fixed the issue thanks for the tip