EZ flash NOR help?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by petrou58, Feb 1, 2012.

Feb 1, 2012

EZ flash NOR help? by petrou58 at 8:01 AM (834 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. petrou58
    OP

Newcomer petrou58 Newbie

Australia
    I'll start from the start.
    I received my EZ Flash IV in the mail, and had to order a mini SD and had to wait for that to arrive in the mail too, so for two weeks I had to wait. I read I could play games on it via my R4 using GBAexploader, so I copied Mother 3 into GBA_SIGN and copied it to NOR memory. Everything worked fine, until I got the miniSD and started messing with it. Now I can't find my save file on GBAexploader for Mother 3...
    Any ideas what I could have done?
    I found a Mother 3 .sav file on the microSD, does that have all my save data on it?

2. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    First, just a heads up for organizational reasons, the games do NOT go in GBA_SIGN, GBAexploader makes its own files that go in there. Make your own directory, like GBA Games (what I named mine) and stick them in there instead. Though, I doubt you'll harm anything by leaving it how you have it now.

Second, I've never had one of the miniSD models, but my general idea would be do boot exploader, press the button to save the sram (Y, I think? Not the one to dump it to the .bin but the other one, just to save it to he .sav file) Then the .sav file will have the most recent stuff.

3. petrou58
    OP

Newcomer petrou58 Newbie

Australia
    What I think I did was accidentally delete my NOR and thus deleting the save files on it...

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Deleting the NOR doesn't delete the save. Unless you wrote another game to NOR without saving your data first.

5. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Exactly what he said. So you still should be able to save the SRAM. I would also test out the .sav you already found (in an emulator with your Mother 3 rom, maybe?) and see where you are in that save. It hsould have -something- in it progress wise.