Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.realhotstuff.com/ezflash-size-stock-p-294.html

That's realhotstuff (of course) and it gives me the option of adding a 1 GB microSD card...can I use that or not?

Thanks, I'm very new to GBA flashcarts (not DS or PSP "hacking" though) and it seems like the "scene" is kind of dead so it's hard for me to find up to date information...like apparently you have to patch every rom you want to use? that sounds crazy.

Well, thanks for the help anyway. I'm really trying to find a GBA Micro somewhere too and I just can't :/ bummer!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have that card and it only takes miniSD cards. The link you provided shows "1gb micro SD WITH adapter". An EZ Flash IV won't take micro SD cards on its own but with that adapter, it'll work.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I thought adapter meant it is an adapter to plug into my computer?

No it doesn't.

Gotcha...well, it turns out my fiancee had a miniSD card for a phone she doesn't use anymore anyhow, so it worked out great :) haha. Thanks a lot for the help though...I hope I can figure all of this stuff out.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For what it is worth if it is an old 64 meg miniSD those frequently caused trouble (if it is a nice 512 or something carry on).

Also those microSD to miniSD adapters have caused a lot of problems for the EZ4. They should work (indeed the microSD to regular SD adapters have been great in every one I saw that was not otherwise broken) and some get them to but other than issues with software/setup and please point me at emulators posts I reckon the vast majority of support for the EZ4 amounts to "get a proper miniSD" with "oh wow that sorted my problem instantly" being the main reply.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, Well I'm glad I'm just gonna get a miniSD card then...Now I just have to (hopefully) find a store around me that carries the card I can put in my computer? I don't have one of those and my fiancee has no idea where hers was...I'm just glad she had the mini though :P.

Also, realhotstuff is out of them :(! What a bummer! I guess I should probably try another one of the places in the sticky...hopefully all goes well though.

I don't really want to use an adapter because I use a microSD card for my SupercardDSTWO, so I would just get them confused :P.

EDIT: Thank you all so much for the help though! I'm really excited to jump into the GBA scene, something I wish I would have done when I was younger haha. It's all very new/confusing to me, this board has really helped me out so thanks a lot guys :). If anyone of you bought one from a place other than realhotstuff, could you tell me how the experience was? Thanks again!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just word of advice- many ? in 1 card readers will claim support for miniSD but in practice the miniSD part is only compatible via a miniSD to SD adapter which most of the time is not bundled (miniSD cards almost always came with the adapter to SD).

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just word of advice- many ? in 1 card readers will claim support for miniSD but in practice the miniSD part is only compatible via a miniSD to SD adapter which most of the time is not bundled (miniSD cards almost always came with the adapter to SD).

I'm thinking about getting a USB adapter, should that work?

http://www.amazon.com/Memory-Reader-Writer-MINISD-MOBILE/dp/B000Z9R2QQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1334622227&sr=1-1

e.g. that one.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm thinking about getting a USB adapter, should that work?

http://www.amazon.co...34622227&sr=1-1

e.g. that one.

No it still needs a mini sd to sd adapter.

gotcha :).

so much to buy! I thought because that seemed to be a card adapter with "miniSD" in the title, it might work :P.

thanks for clarifying! back to the hunt for an ez-flash :(

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I found this out myself when trying to use my external reader that claims to have miniSD support. "Why won't this FIT correctly? I can see that I am physically scratching the pins here from the pressure... okay yeah screwit where's that adapter?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte