Hacking EZ Flash IV Lite help!!

inertiaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i found my ezflash iv lite today and i took an old sd card to use with it, i formatted it to FAT, got the latest client and kernel from filetrip and when i was updating it after it finished it said "Restarting No_Loader_Found" i figured it was nothing so i put a game on there and when i go to start it through the gba it still said "No_Loader_Found" i also tried booting it through my R4 but i get two blank white screens that dont go way.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download this. Sorry if you don't like the Dreamcast skin, but I know this updater works. Unzip the file to the root of your SD. Boot the EZ4, you can either use your R4 as a PassMe and boot it in DS mode or just boot in GBA mode through your DS's menu, it shouldn't matter. Whichever method you choose hold down the R shoulder button while you boot the EZ4. Wait till you see 100%, if you're in DS mode it will probably just freeze there, that's fine just restart your DS. If you're in GBA mode it should reset to the GBA mode menu.

inertiaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KidIce said:
Download this. Sorry if you don't like the Dreamcast skin, but I know this updater works. Unzip the file to the root of your SD. Boot the EZ4, you can either use your R4 as a PassMe and boot it in DS mode or just boot in GBA mode through your DS's menu, it shouldn't matter. Whichever method you choose hold down the R shoulder button while you boot the EZ4. Wait till you see 100%, if you're in DS mode it will probably just freeze there, that's fine just restart your DS. If you're in GBA mode it should reset to the GBA mode menu.
I did this and the same thing happens

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you hold down the R trigger while booting up the EZ4 it still tells you "Restarting No_Loader_Found"? It doesn't start updating your EZ4 and counting up from 0%?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried it in DS mode? Shouldn't really matter but it's worth a shot.

Are you using the updater I linked to? Your symptoms are usually from a bad build of the updater, usually messed up while skinning. That update file I linked to works on my cart, so I know it's not a bad build. I'm beginning to suspect something is wrong w/ your EZ4 hardware wise, though.

About the only suggestion I have left is to try some older versions of the kernel. Start w/ the latest and keep going back till you find one that works (if you can find one that does that is). Then start upgrading from there, going through all the versions till you get to the latest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it