Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

EZ Flash IV Client 21/09/2006 Released

Out now...

A new version of the EZ Flash IV series client has been released, labelled for 21/09/2006.
Here's what's new:
EZ4 Team said:
EZ4Client datecode 20060921 Version1.01

Compatibility updated to 0568

Add Link with GBA game function ( works with EZ4,EZ4Lite,EZ4LiteDeluxe, EZ4LiteCompact not supported yet because GBA function removed)
operation step sample.

1. Write the GBA game which you wanna to link to minisD/microSD with EZ4Client (for exsample: 0140_-_Gyakuten_Saiban_(J).gba)

2. Write the NDS game which correspond the GBA game to miniSD/microSD with EZ4Client, option " Link with GBA game" must be checked. ( for exsample:0186 - Gyakuten Saiban - Yomigaeru Gyakuten (JP) (M2).zip)

3. Enter the GBA mode, format 256M/384M Norflash by press Start then A.

4. Enter the SD card in GBA mode, choose the GBA game which you want to link, press Select then A, wait the write procedure finish.

5. Restart DS in to NDS mode and excute the NDS game. if the link works, you can free choose any chapter at the beginning.

Point: 1. NDS game which need to link must check the "Link with GBA game" option. 2. the GBA game which need to link must be wroten on the first position of 256M/384M norflash.
  • download.gif
    Download

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first GBA link feature in a flashcart. That's pretty sweet work. EZ4 FTW!

.8mm is worth good features and compatibility!

To add to the list posted, MegamanZX links with Megaman Zero 3 and 4 to unlock extra bosses.

SD5k

Trophies
Website
www.metalfan.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first GBA link feature in a flashcart. That's pretty sweet work. EZ4 FTW!

.8mm is worth good features and compatibility!

To add to the list posted, MegamanZX links with Megaman Zero 3 and 4 to unlock extra bosses.

You're wrong...

G6 and M3 have this option in their last update.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Supercard has a limited GBA-Linkage feature too. For example, I was able to unlock the Mona-Video in Wario Ware Touched with it, but everything that requires the GBA-Save to be read/written does not work.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do updates always happen when I am not around for a day.

bryehn's list of games that have some support for GBA link (I do not think it is that current): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=30622

Well make client updates illegal when your not around
wink.gif

It allows GBA->DS compatibility through linking certain games , put a GBA cartride into GBA slot and a DS cartridge in the DS slot and you get something nice with certain games (like pokemon dungeon Red -> Blue )

bow.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having issues with trying the link with Megaman ZX and Megaman Zero 4. I can open the door and walk through it, even get as far as trying to enter an actual boss fight, but that's where I get a freeze. Anyone else try this?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some DS games offer unlockable secrets if there is a particular GBA game just sitting in the GBA slot.

For example, in Castelvania: Aria of Sorrow.
If you start a new game while the GBA game Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow is in the GBA slot you get an item (on the DS game) that you normally can't get until much later.

Another example, in Megaman ZX.
Close to the end of the game there are two rooms that you cannot enter unless you have one of the GBA games Megaman Zero 3 or Megaman Zero 4 sitting in the GBA slot. In those rooms are the bosses from those respective GBA games that you can then fight.

More may be unlocked or available depending on the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it'll give ya time to practice anyway