EZ Flash 3-in-1 Question

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by sambskn, Aug 9, 2010.

1. sambskn
    OP

sambskn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2010
    United States
    I'm looking into buying a EZ Flash 3-in-1 DS Phat version (which are brutal to find!), and I was wondering how well it operates as just a GBA flash cart. I've been interested in GBA flash carts for a while, and I would probably buy a EZ-Flash III if I could find one.

2. Speculant

Speculant GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2010
    United States
    I'm pretty sure it works as a regular flash cart but you need a NDS to put games on it. If you really want a GBA flash cart I recommend the EZ Flash IV, that way you have removable storage instead of having to put games on it with a DS.

If you are really into getting a 3-in-1, just get the DSL version with the large cart shell. Should be on Shoptemp. If wost comes to worst, just use a nail clipper on the 3-in-1 DSL tab so you can slide it in the regular DS.

3. sambskn
    OP

sambskn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2010
    United States
    Doesn't the EZ-Flash IV not support Real Time Clock? Then again, neither does the 3-in-1. But, the 3-in-1 is cheaper and I own an R4.

On Shoptemp I found the 3-in-1 DSL version, but saw nothing concerning a large cart shell. Would chopping off the tab allow me to use the cart in both my DS Phat and GBA?

4. Speculant

Speculant GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2010
    United States
    Chopping off the tab would work (I've seen it done several times before) but it's sort of a last resort option. It also fits very tightly in, so its a good idea to make sure you are not going to be playing any actual GBA carts in there any time soon because the 3-in-1 will be a real bitch to get out.

5. sambskn
    OP

sambskn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2010
    United States
    Ah. I think I'll be going with the EZ Flash IV (or maybe a Supercard MiniSD) even though, hypothetically, I wouldn't need to use any regular GBA carts anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice