Extracting WAD files?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hozu, Aug 28, 2010.

Aug 28, 2010

Extracting WAD files? by Hozu at 4:46 PM (13,288 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Hozu
    OP

Member Hozu GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've been having trouble extracting WAD files. I've tried WAD Creator but it fails to extract anything (the same thing happens with BlueDump too). I've tried showmiiwads but it doesn't extract the WAD that I want, but it does extract other titles. sysCheck results below. Help?

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Do you want to INSTALL wads TO your wii, EXTRACT installed wads FROM your wii or EXTRACT wads TO your PC?

3. Hozu
    OP

Canada
    I'd like to extract a WAD. Doesn't matter where from, as long as I can get the extracted file to my PC.

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Use WadMii from the Wii.cs Tools. With this tools you can extract, edit and repack wads.

5. User423

Member User423 GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    I think he is trying to pack a Wad from a Title on his Wii.

Maybe the Apps dont work with IOS249 rev20. It could be that they dont work with the new bases, try to install IOS249 with Base 38.

-edit- You´ve tried ShowMiiWads...did you´ve extracted a downloaded WAD-File or a title from a NAND-Backup?

6. Hozu
    OP

Canada
    I tried to extract a title from a NAND backup. I was able to extract one of the titles that I wanted but for some reason I got an error when I tried to extract the other one. The error said "(Title) The given path's format is not supported".

WAD Creator says that it needs Custom IOS36 rev 09 or above. Hmm... that would explain it, I have 249 using 38 as the base (and 250 using 57 base). Both cIOS are v20b Here's the thread that I got it from. Maybe I should install the version of the cIOS that it says to use and try again.

Edit: Success! I managed to get WAD Creator to work with cIOS 249 v11, and it was able to extract the title that I couldn't get with showmiiwads. I guess I have to get v20b back on now.
    Edit2: Whoops, I didn't realize that you can use 36 as the base in the installer... I guess I'll try that next time I need to extract a title.

7. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    Use 38 not 36 4 the base!! lol