Hacking Extracting VC Games From SD Card

LeonardoGolden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a used Wii after my old one kicked the bucket, and I'm trying to figure out a way to play my VC games from my old Wii on the new one.

They're all on my SD card, but they won't launch since they have the old Wii's signature on them. Now, I would just re-install all of them by finding their respective .wads online, but there are a couple of injected games I made years ago, and I've since then lost the original .wad files for them.

Is there a way to extract these as .wad files so I can reinstall them on the new Wii? I looked into WAD Creator but that only works with titles installed on the Wii itself.

Thanks!

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hm, pretty sure the content.bin that are on your sd are pretty useless, if you dumped your keys from your old wii using something like xyzzy then you could most likely decrypt them, but even then the content.bin files are not full 'wads', they just contain the encrypted data content and tmd of the wads, the .tik files would all be on your old wii.

LeonardoGolden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can extract my old keys? My old Wii still turns on (very finicky when it comes to video output though) so I could probably dump them. How simple is this process? Would it allow me to play my SD card games on the new console?

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I found out I can just turn them into wads by copying them to my system menu on my old wii and then using WiiMod to package them.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
glad it worked out, when you said "I recently purchased a used Wii after my old one kicked the bucket" i took it that your old wii was gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work