Hacking Extra Wiiu console

pumpkinpies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I am thinking about getting a second console to have as a backup.

Modded mine quite awhile ago so was just wondering if the DS game method still works for hacking ?

And can I log into the eshop and it will show that i own the game and be able to re-download it onto the new console ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a second console myself for when 5.3.2 was the highest hackable. yes, the eshop method still works. afaik, the only way to download it on the second console is to do a system transfer, which kinda defeats the purpose. I think games are tied to account and console, but I'm not 100%.

pumpkinpies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok but i could always re-purchase it i guess if i had to

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does $80 sound fair for just the console and power cord ? no gamepad or controllers

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
ok but i could always re-purchase it i guess if i had to

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does $80 sound fair for just the console and power cord ? no gamepad or controllers

imo, without a gamepad it's a complete rip-off, since gamepads on their own may be too expensive and you end up spending a lot. But it depends on what is available and its condition and on what you consider a good value for money. Although I love the Wii U, $100 with gamepad or $60 without gamepad is what I would pay for a Wii U nowadays. :)

Call me cheap if you want. :rofl:

pumpkinpies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
imo, without a gamepad it's a complete rip-off, since gamepads on their own may be too expensive and you end up spending a lot. But it depends on what is available and its condition and on what you consider a good value for money. Although I love the Wii U, $100 with gamepad or $60 without gamepad is what I would pay for a Wii U nowadays. :)

Call me cheap if you want. :rofl:

thanks - managed to talk them into $65 for one !

Reactions: tfocosta
D

Deleted User

I would advice to redownload all your Wii U games on your first console from the internet and save the WUP files. The reason is you cannot just plug in an external on the new console and expect them to work they're tied to that on Wii U only. May as well get the files and keep them on a hard drive and same for your saves (use SaveMii for these) then if you are one day forced to switch to the new Wii U you'll be ready. Otherwise you'll lose all your games and saves and have to start completely over.

Reactions: pumpkinpies

pumpkinpies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would advice to redownload all your Wii U games on your first console from the internet and save the WUP files. The reason is you cannot just plug in an external on the new console and expect them to work they're tied to that on Wii U only. May as well get the files and keep them on a hard drive and same for your saves (use SaveMii for these) then if you are one day forced to switch to the new Wii U you'll be ready. Otherwise you'll lose all your games and saves and have to start completely over.

oh wow - good to know. I would have assumed all the games i had already would have worked.

D

Deleted User

oh wow - good to know. I would have assumed all the games i had already would have worked.

Nope if you try to plug in an external that's formatted for one Wii U it will force you to format it again on the new Wii U. They tie them to just one console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked