timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been using a USB flash drive for a lot of the media that I use on my Wii and it works great. However, I am running out of room pretty quick. Will the Wii be able to read a 300GB external USB hard drive? It is formatted to FAT32.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
yes a 320 gig western digital "book" external hdd is around 80$ @ your local wal-mart and will work gr8 (my experience is that the new GeeXbox unofficial build has the best format support, for larger externals (mine will confuse the mplayers directories it cant seem to read LARGE drives...but the New Un official GeeXbox media player can! it also has a Visualizations feature for mp3s that i really enjoy (have a 500 gig running fine with all the emus with suffix GX like SnesGX or GensGX or VbaGX also have really sweet external drive support! I can load all 10 gigs-ish of gba roms
smile.gif
from a single folder on my external for example
wink.gif

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the Wii read the usb drive just like it does the SD? in other words if I place a exact copy of the contents of my SD Ect.. on my USB Hard Drive and remove my SD card from the Wii will all my wads that are now on my USB Drive still work?

SomeGuy

xmanfit0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SomeGuy2009 said:
Will the Wii read the usb drive just like it does the SD? in other words if I place a exact copy of the contents of my SD Ect.. on my USB Hard Drive and remove my SD card from the Wii will all my wads that are now on my USB Drive still work?

SomeGuy

no. The HBC only reads off the SD port, as far as I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone