ROM Hack Extended memory mode NTR (Question)

osm70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I know that you can't use NTR with games that run in extended memory mode on old 3DS now. What I want to know is if it's possible to do. And if it is, why hasn't anyone done it yet?

Also, can I use other "game modifiers" such as HANS to use cheats with these games?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll find more info on this here.

Basically, the O3DS runs Sun and Moon in extended memory mode, which everyone knows by now. Problem is - the O3DS reboots itself when you exit back to the homemenu, so NTR is removed from memory. This can easily be sorted, but that's not the main reason as it were.

Quote from the linked thread:

The "takes up more RAM" part is really the important one, though. If it was just rebooting you had to worry about, you could write something that persists after reboot. The game being a RAM hog by O3DS standards, though - that means that anything that tries to run alongside Home Menu or takes up more resources than it (Anything that uses networking - the Internet Browser, Miiverse, and the Theme Shop) will just get crowded out [i.e removed from memory completely to make space] by Sm4sh, Monster Hunter 4, or Sun/Moon. And since O3DS applets actually close Home Menu to run, wheras NTR decidedly does not...

So the actual problem lies in how NTR functions and I doubt it'll be possible to fix, else it would have been done by now.

Now onto your other question - that linked thread does mention you can use Gateway cheats if you have a Gateway card (which acts like an NTR plugin) but if you don't have access to one, I don't know if Hans would support cheats for Sun/Moon. There's certainly nothing out apart from NTR and Gateway cheats at the moment at least.

osm70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
NTR mode 3 never worked. Direct quote from cell9.

And NTR works great on New3DS, which was the original support of NTR.
Old3DS supports has been added later.
Do you think it's possible to make it work?

I am not even asking if it ever will. We obviously don't know that. But we should know if it's possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD