ROM Hack Question Export and import savegames on a clean switch

Radial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I wanted to ask if there is a way to backup and edit savegames and then load them back onto the console.
specifically, I'm only interested in pokemon let's go savegames that you could edit with PkHex and then load back onto the switch.

checkpoint and similar homebrews have the risk of being banned because of cfw, so you can probably exclude that. I would like to continue using the online features.
I read here that it is possible to create a NAND backup with HacDiskMount and pick out single games, which are still encrypted. I suppose you can use it to restore games and overwrite the NAND?
Then there would be the problem that you can't edit encrypted games, but I've seen a post that introduces a tool that can decrypt them. However, there is no possibility to encrypt them again to restore them on the same switch, i suppose.

Or do you know other ways? In your opinion is this method safe at all?

I don't know if it's worth buying a second switch for cfw, because there's still the problem that I can't export edited games back to the clean switch. After all, the clean switch should remain my main console with which I could also play games online.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean what is more important to you, the online functionality of a console that you can only replace by spending another $300 or just a few hours in a game that you can make up any day at any time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: