ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to know if there was anyway to convert a save from the exploader to a Visual Boy Advance save. I actually want to use the save with my Wii's VBAGX so I can do some megaman hacks with my own save not some elses like I usually do.

Aurora003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the same thing. I'm playing Final Fantasy V Advance, and I have a .sgn, .sv1, .sav files.
I'm using ExpLoader .58b, and have VBA 1.80 beta3.

NDSL with Acekard 2.1 running AKAIO fw + 3in1 EZFlash5

perpetualskeptic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.sv1 should be the same as a .sav, using the 3in1, myself, and I can get the sav file to work fine (I use BackupLoader to rip the save from the 3in1, just to keep things separate. Can't get savs to work again on the 3in1 after using vba, though. I've also seen people around here referencing a save game converter online, URL was here: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php Seems to work okay.

Aurora003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Shuny's converter is for DS not for GBA. =/

I've been reading different things here about No$GBA and VBA, that their uncompressed savs work with GBALoader, tho it depends on the version of VBA... and others are
like: http://gbatemp.net/lofiversion/index.php/t91047.html

I'll keep searching and experiment. I have yet to learn how to use a hex editor to edit akaio's gba saves.

edit: Perpetual, where would i find a BackupLoader? Would that be Rudolph's backup tool?

Aurora003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

Aurora003 said:
I downloaded a hex editing program and deleted the first 16 bytes. =D And it worked!

lol it was funny when my boyfriend looked over at my screen and saw me hexing, he says "Hacking again, hon?" I replied back, "it's not hacking, it's editing"

Tho, when I tried this with Legend of Zelda Minish Cap it didn't work. Probably cause it's EEPROM type? I did notice that Akaio saves it with FF for spaces and VBA saves it with 00.
I also realized that No$GBA Raw savs work with VBA. Compressed and Uncompressed SAV/SNA File Format do not work with VBA.

I apologize, I noticed that I posted the almost same question from the thread I quoted above. >.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any more info on this? I've been wondering about it as well. I recently purchased a 3in1, and would like to play Pokemon FireRed with it on my DS. Thing is I would like to use a speed boost to train faster and move through the game quicker, so I'd like to bring the gamesave over to my laptop VBA emulator from time to time, or maybe even to my Wii, then back to my DS when I'm out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1