Homebrew Experimental system updater.

paulguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I got the CIA version to run, but it's not very reliable. Not sure what went wrong, but it broke my emunand. I was able to restore it but hmm...

Also, no idea how to get the banner audio working. Might just be the cmake script I'm using or my version of bannertool might be broken. I dunno.

Last edited by paulguy,

paulguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First successful upgrade from 9.2 to 10.4, but for how rough it went, I wouldn't exactly call it usable. It crashed once but it had gotten far enough that I was able to continue by rebooting and resuming the update. I'll put up another release if I can get another couple upgrades working, then maybe a downgrade.

This was done in the CIA edition through cakesfw, by the way.

paulguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've determined that crashes are consistently just after installing ErrDisp and after AM_InstallNativeFirm(). Anyone have any insight on this? Neither seem to result in a brick, just result in frankenfirmware that seems to be recoverable by resuming the update, but I don't feel confident that this will always be the case.

So far I haven't gotten any bricks, but I've only been doing this through the CIA edition through cakesfw. I'm not really confident enough to try it without a way to recover my real NAND. I really need someone with a hardmod to make sure this works.

Either way, the 0.4 release is out which seems to work for messing around with emunand firmware.

paulguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.5 is committed, but I haven't done any builds of it yet. It's not a functionality change in any real way, just added a bottom screen logo because I was bored.

Here's a screenshot taken with citra:
vaZGzLF.png

Reactions: Just Passing By

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far