ROM Hack Expanding 3DS memory (not SD Card)

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think he means expanding on board memory and if he does, no, this is near on impossible. It would mean installing a new compatible nand chip

Reactions: Eric Skittles

Eric Skittles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's the NAND memory then the SD Card memory. I was just wondering if there was a way to add more? maybe by modding- as in getting a different chip or adding SD Memory to it? (merging the card and the system memory?)

Last edited by Eric Skittles,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if he means use CTRNAND as a subsitute for SD card storage, that be nice. Kinda like how ps vita has internal memory storage withou memory card. I thought about this for just having like small VC games on hand without requiring SD card so least is still a playable system without SD, or least being able to install system tools like the NTR loader. Though i asked about this since luma can load from CTRNAND, i had hoped someone make it possible somehow. :unsure:

Jyssa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The hacking, seen by the creator of the topic
iVHfwLc.gif
imgres

Last edited by Jyssa,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we can decrypt our Digital Signature on our own NAND backups only w/ the xorpads if its dumped beforehand, but we cant Re-sign it w/o the ability to forge that signature it even if you went out of teh way to surface-mount solder a larger capacity NAND chip it'd be pointless + all digital content is designed to only to install to SD or in DSiWare case only to TWLNAND (it maybe albeit pointless, possible to redirect twlnand storage to SD for more DSiWare, however.. to be honets a good chunk of the DSiWare library was shovelware. )

w/o altering how digital editions of games install and make em install to CTRNAND instead no ones going to really look into any kind of way to make this possible at all. its a case of too much effort for too little gain.
and if you ask "Why not make it so we can use whats allready available? you haveto realise the 3DS NAND in the case of an O3DS is roughtly under 1GB and N3DS is just lil over that. it' dbe enough to toss some small VC's but not Any actual game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill