Existing wii hombrew to vwii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Dominator211, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Dominator211
    OP

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I have a Wii and a Wii u console my Wii console is 7 years old and has been through a hell of a ride over the years it was my first console and I've yet to brick it thank god. but I think it is time I retire the old girl and put her away for a few years and move y homebrew to my Wii u but here is my question. if I have an existing homebrew installation can I just copy everything using the Wii u transfer tool and put my sd card in the Wii u. or do I have to start fresh with a new installation all I'm going to do is put my Wii game hard drive in and play Wii games on the Wii u that it no fancy things. so what do I have to do restart with new install or copy everything over. just checking i can use USB loader GX to play Wii games and GameCube games.

2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    If you use the Wii to Wii U Transfer Tool, only your Miis, save data and legitimate channels (e.g. from the Wii Shop Channel) will be transferred. The Homebrew Channel and any other hacks will not be transferred by this tool.

If all you want to do is play your game backups on your Wii U, as long as your games are already on a hard drive, you don't need to transfer anything from your old Wii (unless your save data is stored on your Wii console, though you can just transfer these manually by using the Data Management menu inside the settings menu).

You will need to perform an exploit on your Wii U in order to enable haxx. You cannot transfer these from your old console. This means that you will need access to an exploitable game (no Bannerbomb or Letterbomb, unfortunately), a list of which can be found here.

Once you have the Homebrew Channel installed, just launch USB Loader GX and load your backups.

If you need any further help, feel free to reply (make sure that you either quote this message or tag my name - @CreeperMario)