Excuse me , please

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by SagaZelda, May 13, 2010.

May 13, 2010

Excuse me , please by SagaZelda at 1:41 AM (833 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. SagaZelda
    OP

Newcomer SagaZelda Newbie

France
    Sorry to disturb you but I was unpacking Tales of Hearts but I didn't found it.

I've got 3 questions for you (sorry.. [​IMG] ) :

- Where is the text file and how can I open it , please ?
    - How can I add subtitles in .mods file like Kaji's did ?
    - Where are they skits file and how can I open these , please ?

Thanks !

2. ore0

Member ore0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, I'd recommend finding it first. [​IMG]
    But seriously, if your looking to translate it you should learn something about rom hacking before you start. Here is a good place to start http://www.romhacking.net/start/ though it may be a little outdated. To open the text files, I can't really say. It's different for most games, but I suggest trying notepad, or microsoft word setting the encoding to whatever it is, like if it is Shift_JIS set it to Shift_JIS. If the folders aren't in English, or aren't organized well, I suggest you either translate or figure out what they mean.

3. MHaven

Newcomer MHaven Advanced Member

United States
    1. The text files are compressed and packed.

2. You need Assembly knowledge(which I doubt u do)

3. See #1

If you want in depth answers like previously said go look yourself, its not bout being mean but more of you need to learn we can't spoon feed you the information. Btw if kaji is doing it you should probably leave it to him/her. Chances are u will not get far on the game since u need advanced knowelge of rom hacking, which I doubt u do, so u should start if u want on something miniscule. That's all.

Ps. The text isn't in a ,txt file or a file that will look like a text file, it wil be in some other file and ur best chance is a hex editor. But if u are smart enough to post might want to look round more here and in romhacking for ur answers.

4. SagaZelda
    OP

Newcomer SagaZelda Newbie

France
    Thanks everybody !

5. neoxephon

Member neoxephon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You don't want to do Tales of Hearts as your first translation project, it is not beginner friendly. Take this from someone that has experience with the game.