Gaming Exclusively English games...

Tamyu

OP
Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
I usually try all the Japanese release games, but never really pay much attention to the English releases. It seems like most of them are translated, and if I am going to play something I prefer to play the original. But it seems like there are a lot of English releases that don`t exist in Japanese - A ton of Disney and tie-in stuff, but some others.
Are there any games that are exclusively English and worth playing? Even if you don`t know if it`s exclusive, please let me know.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
An unusual request (normally it is Japanese games that never made it out of Japan).

DS wise most of the worthwhile games either originated in Japan or have since been localised but:
42 All time classics/Club house games, some of the other card games titles may be worth a look.
A few puzzle games such as the 4 Game fun pack.
Age of Empires (not brilliant but worth a look)
Tony Hawks games, quite good for a quick blast during adverts or on breaks.
I believe worms did not make it to Japan and while it recieved no critical acclaim it was not bad either.

The GBA has quite a few titles too but that would take quite a while to list, check out some of the puzzle games though (look for the Ultimate xxx games or board game classics) and there are quite a few decent platformers that did in appear

Tamyu

OP
Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
Thanks to both of you. I`ll check those out.

I know it`s an odd request, but as I`m actually in Japan the rare games are the ones that never made it *here*. If I just flip through the list of released games so far, there are tons of ones in English that I`ve never heard of... However, if I actually try one it seems like it`s always a translation that got a weird name nothing close to the original. Hence this topic.

So, anyway, I take it that there aren`t that many... Thanks anyway though!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are quite a few games but most of the time they are identikit platformers and film based games.
However if you want a way to see if a title never got released in Japanese offline list and its gba dat:
http://offlinelist.free.fr/
and ADVANsCEne's NDS Scene Dat:
http://www.advanscene.com/
have so called duplicate filters:
olistdemozg1.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel