Hacking Exception (DSI) occurred! (bricked?)

pps_goforit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i installed some stuff using this guide.

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"NUS Auto Downloader 4.1.8 Custom Guide
Generated on 2010-07-26 - 15:47:38,85
Check for updates at tinyurl.com/nusauto

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Wii is already modified
* Current firmware is 3.XE
* Desired firmware is 4.2E

* Download HackMii Installer v0.6 and BannerBomb v1 (with IOS61)
* Download recommended cIOSs and cMIOS
* Download Priiloader
* Download Extra Brick Protection
* Update active IOSs

This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.

THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER STATED NOR IMPLIED.
NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE!
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above).
*If you get errors during any of the steps reformat your SD card as FAT or FAT32
*Turn off WiiConnect24 and take out all gamecube memory cards/controllers when modding the Wii (unless instructed otherwise).
*If your Wii ever freezes, hold the power button on the Wii for 5 seconds to power it off then try again.
*Don’t ever accept a new Nintendo update without first googling to see if it’s safe. The last update (to 4.3) was released in late June 2010 and is NOT safe to accept. If you accept an official Nintendo update after modding the Wii, you may lose some or all of your modifications.
*Updates via homebrew or homebrew apps are safe to accept
*Never uninstall a system menu or IOS
*Do not install untested wads/themes without Bootmii or Priiloader installed.
*This custom guide is great start, but Wii modding is always evolving. Check for updates online, and remember, google is your friend.
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk</a>

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC), BOOTMII AND DVDX

BANNERBOMB V1 EXPLOIT
Run BannerBomb v1 by going to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
Note: If it doesn't work for you, visit <a href="http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/" target="_blank">http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/</a> for more variations of either version of bannerbomb.

This runs the Hackmii Installer which you should now use to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC), DVDX [optional], and Bootmii as IOS and boot2 if possible.

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run NUS Auto Downloader again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'Download Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC.
Hit the home button. In the top right corner you will see the IOS used by the HBC.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS61 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC).

If it is using IOS61 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip the Reinstall The Homebrew Channel step when you get to it.

2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP

While inside the Homebrew Channel, load BootMii by pressing home and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a Gamecube controller]

Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]

Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin elsewhere and erase from the sd card (or rename it). You'll need these in case of emergencies, so don't lose them.
Go back to The Homebrew Channel.

Note: if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on AS LONG AS it finds the bootmii folder (described above) on the root of the SD card.

3) RESTORING THE TRUCHA BUG

Start the Homebrew Channel and use it to load Multi-Mod Manager (MMM).
In MMM, Go down to select "Install & Patch IOS36" and choose express mode.

4) INSTALL WADS

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, Go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs in the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all wads in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
After the installation finishes read the install report to make sure all the files installed properly.

You're unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v257(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v257(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v2817(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v5121(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v6401(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v6913(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* System Menu 4.2E
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS249[57]-v19
* cIOS250[37]-v19
* cMIOS-MPv0.2-v4
* IOS9v778
* IOS12v269
* IOS13v273
* IOS14v520
* IOS15v523
* IOS17v775
* IOS21v782
* IOS22v1037
* IOS28v1550
* IOS31v3349
* IOS33v3091
* IOS34v3348
* IOS35v3349
* IOS37v3869
* IOS38v3867
* IOS53v5406
* IOS55v5406
* IOS56v5405
* IOS57v5661
* IOS58v6175
* IOS61v5661
* usbloader(s)-(emulators)-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
FAT:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Note: First the SD Card is checked, then your USB Hard Drive (formatted as FAT32).
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii
without relying on the Indiana Pwns exploit.

If any failed, make a note of which ones and retry installing them one at time.

Note: Whenever you install a new System Menu, Priiloader is uninstalled. So be sure to reinstall it afterwards (especially if you do not have bootmii as boot2)

5) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the HBC. If the IOS used by your Homebrew Channel is IOS61 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS61 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

In MMM's main menu, select 'App Manager' and then select the HackMii_Installer.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If you already exited MMM, you can load the HackMii_Installer from the Homebrew Channel.

If the HBC is failing to load any apps (just blackscreens), instead launch MMM using the method described in Step
Run BannerBomb v1 by going to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
Note: If it doesn't work for you, visit <a href="http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/" target="_blank">http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/</a> for more variations of either version of bannerbomb.
then in MMM's main menu, select 'App Manager' and then select the HackMii_Installer.

This will launch the HackMii Installer, use it to reinstall your Homebrew Channel.

6) INSTALL PRIILOADER

Run the Priiloader installer from the HBC. On the main menu screen, press + to install Priiloader.
(if the installation fails, try holding B and press + to install Priiloader using IOS249)

Priiloader may give the following two 'yellow' errors. These are expected and are not an issue.
loader.ini couldn't delete error -106
password.txt couldn't delete error -106

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the wii,
then powering it back and holding reset while it's booting until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader</a>

7) AFTER MODDING

Now at this point your almost done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For playing your backups off a USB hard drive, run the USB-Loader Setup feature from NUS Auto Downloader's Main Menu

For downloading applications, you should:
* Download Homebrew Browser to get many popular apps, but this is an online only application (http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/how-to-use/hbb)
* For those without internet, check out this list of Homebrew applications (wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew).
Another great resource is webrewwii.blogspot.com

After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file and possibly a icon.png and meta.xml.
For HBC to read your SD/USB correctly, your card must be structured SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol
If you have a *.dol not named boot.dol, rename it boot.dol, otherwise it will not be recognized by the HBC.
(optional: the icon.png and meta.xml should be saved in the same place as the boot.dol)

8) SUPPORT XFLAK

IF NUS AUTO DOWNLOADER WORKED FOR YOU, PLEASE VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE PROGRAM HERE:
<a href="http://tinyurl.com/nusauto" target="_blank">http://tinyurl.com/nusauto</a>

CHECK OUT MY TOP CHANNELS HERE (tinyurl.com/topchannels)

CHECK OUT MY CRAZY INTRO VIDEOS HERE (tinyurl.com/crazyintro)" ]

<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
well this went relay good but then... then i tryed to loade some apps it froze and this masage come up..

"Exception (DSI) occurred!
GPR00 .......................
GPR01 .......................
GPR02 .......................
GPR03 .......................
GPR04 .......................
GPR05 .......................
GPR06 .......................
GPR07 .......................
LR ......................
DAR ........ DSISR .......

Stack dump:
80075664 –> 80075650 –> 800a2f54 –> 800a2ef0

Code dump:
80075664: 980B0000 88090000 980B0001 396B0002
80075674: 39290004 4200FFE8 38E70008 39080A00
80075684: 2F8A0003 394A0001 419E00AC 48000070"

is my wii bricked? what shall i do? i can play original end games that are downloaded throe Nintendo.

pps_goforit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Well, if you can access the system menu then your wii isn't bricked.
well thats good:) but it doesnt help me:/ have anyone fixed this error?

i forgot to say that i tried to install CfgLoader (NusAutoDownloader)

pps_goforit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Does this happen with all apps, or just one.

well i have "only" tried 5
tongue.gif
(3 different wii usb-loaders )

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your IOS is fubared or something. Try installing sane IOSs using DOP-Mii or Pimp My Wii (PMW is easier, but DOP-Mii is more robust).

pps_goforit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Supercool330 said:
Sounds like your IOS is fubared or something. Try installing sane IOSs using DOP-Mii or Pimp My Wii (PMW is easier, but DOP-Mii is more robust).

okej but where do i find them? and are there any guides? i dont want this to fu** up again..

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
reinstall your cIOSs, then try running cfg usb loader and it should work fine (as it only uses 222 or 249 at startup anyways)

* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS249[57]-v19
* cIOS250[37]-v19

I suspect these files didn't install properly, and u may have missed the error report. Also, try launching cfg usb loader via the HBC and via the forwarder channel, see if that makes a difference (for all I know the new HBC is forcing it to load using IOS61 instead of 222/249)

PS. unless u are one of my friends, don't PM me looking for help unless u've made a donation to me. I'll still help anyone I can on the forum, but I won't be as quick to respond as I would be if you were to donate and PM me. I think that's fair.

pps_goforit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i have got the usb loader working but all the emulaters are dead:/ i currently have IOS 4, 9-17, 20-22, 28, 30-31, 33-38, 50-51, 53, 55-58, 60-61, 70, 202, 222-224, 249-250 and 254 instaled. im i missing any? in MMM i can see that their is IOS 3 40 41 43 45 46 52 that i dont have installed.. can that be that reason?
and in MMM it says that tha IOS i use is: Currently loaded: IOS36 v3351

the problem is that i cant open for ex. GX snes or nes emulator...

And XFlak how many donate before thy get it to work???

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grab the app called sys checker and see if it will run. if it does, post the file it outputs.

also, put the guide inside [ spoiler ] tags
tongue.gif

pps_goforit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i will try to start over whit my sd-card.. hope that helps..

Ed:
well it didnt.. but i tested a new sd and it worked, well almost its only wiisx that dosnt work now.. it starts and i can load for ex. ff7 but when the first fight starts the massage pops up and the wii freezes
Ed 2: well looked at a Compatibility Table over wiisx and ff7 was unplayable.. but still i come to the same masage:/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol