Exception DSI occured on WiiSX

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Natural, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Natural
    OP

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    It always happens after I start the game. How do I fix this?

2. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    make sure you have a both bios files in the correct place. boot wiisx go to setting and "boot with bios". after that make sure you have a game that would work (crash bandicoot 1) some game are bein funny with me. i have some that are .bin files and some images. i guess you just have to try find out which ones work for you

3. Natural
    OP

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States

Both Bios? o.o I only have one. Where did you get two? Also, does anyone know how I can get WiiSX to save my controller settings/configuration? Doesn't seem to work when I save it to the SD card.

4. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    nope the controller wouldnt save for me. kinda pissed me off abit lol. and go emuparadise search bios's and there will be 2/3 but you dont need the jap one

5. Natural
    OP

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States

I see Scph1000 Bios.zip, Scph7502 Bios.zip, PSX Bios SCPH1001.zip, and PSX Bios 41a.zip. Which of those do I need?

6. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    "SCPH1001.BIN" and "SCPH1002.BIN" tbh i really cant remember where i found them. if they are not listed on emuparadise then download one of the bios packs and hopefully it will have those 2 ^^^ if not then you could always try download wiiflow master piece pack i think it may include these

7. Natural
    OP

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    I found them and put them in the Bios folder. Going to check and see if everything is working properly. While I was on my SD card I saw some CFG files that look like they were related to controller configuration.

8. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    when you boot wiisx go to setting and change it to boot bios on start. then the games should work (as well as the emulator can play them) also the controller settings are there but its almost like i map the controller and save it (it says its saved) but then when i re-load the emulator it wont let me load the controller i saved. i have tried quite a few times

Natural likes this.
  9. Natural
    OP

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States

That's the same thing that happens with me. Have you tried to save the settings on a USB drive?

10. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    yea i only tried it with usb but no luck. i changed default to number 1. then i map the buttons to the nunchuck and go to save as defaulty 1. and in the settings i make sure it says save to usb exc. but when i quit and reload the emulator my controller config wont load

11. Natural
    OP

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    I got into my first battle in Xenogears and there were sound issues. Any advice?

12. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    ill be honest know. no game works perfectly. thier is always some minor sound glitches and some graphic glitches. the only setting that may help you slightly is in video settings. change dithering to NO everytime you start the emulator. it makes crash bandicoot run better without to much sound glitching (i only have crash bandicoot 1 and GEX thats playable) the rest i tried give me a dsi error so i dont use it much tbh

13. Natural
    OP

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States

I've heard Retroarch is good so I am going to try that as well. Thanks. Also, is there a way to put my saves onto Retroarch?

14. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    i never noticed retroarch played ps1 games! hopefully it myt run a few more but i havnt seen much mentioned on ps1 titles

15. Natural
    OP

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Looks like Xenogears froze up on me when I tried to access the memory card. Do you know how I can put my saves onto Retroarch?

16. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    not a clue and tbh i just done some reading and watched a video!! i doubt its worth the effort at all. use it for anything else but ps1 games running well right know isnt gonna happen