Hardware Exception DSI Error on a USB stick??

Lance47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earlier today I went and bought a 40 dollar usb stick to continue sticking ISO's and such on and converted it too WBFS to put some Wii Iso's on. I quickly gave up on that after I had trouble with the USB Loader so I formatted it and tried loading some additonal gamecube isos I have rather then Wii Isos and also added WII64... However I kept getting EXCEPTION DSI Error anytime I would have the stick in the Wii. So I format it again, and reload everything and once again, DSI Error. I try deleting Wii64 and using it with only Nintendont and I still get the error message, I format again and try deleting Nintendont this time but keeping Wii64 and still I get the error. So this leads me to believe it's an error with my USB Stick and not Nintendont8/Wii 64 as they both load on my other,smaller USB

I currently have nothing on it other then WII64. Any fixes for this or should Is my Flash completely useless now????

I have very basic knowledge of how stuff like this works. Basically all I know how to do is play gamecube ISOs through nintendont,Download homebrew and add additional apps to homebrew(and trust me it took me quite a while to even figure these things out)

• 64 GB(:E) PNY Drive USB Stick
  • File System// ExFat (With default Allocation)

I used
  • WBFS Manager 3.0
and initially converted my USB to WBFS with Wii Game Manager(and then additionally WBFS after if that could of been a problem)

Last edited by Lance47,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Earlier today I went and bought a 40 dollar usb stick to continue sticking ISO's and such on and converted it too WBFS to put some Wii Iso's on. I quickly gave up on that after I had trouble with the USB Loader so I formatted it and tried loading some additonal gamecube isos I have rather then Wii Isos and also added WII64... However I kept getting EXCEPTION DSI Error anytime I would have the stick in the Wii. So I format it again, and reload everything and once again, DSI Error. I try deleting Wii64 and using it with only Nintendont and I still get the error message, I format again and try deleting Nintendont this time but keeping Wii64 and still I get the error. So this leads me to believe it's an error with my USB Stick and not Nintendont8/Wii 64 as they both load on my other,smaller USB

I currently have nothing on it other then WII64. Any fixes for this or should Is my Flash completely useless now????

I have very basic knowledge of how stuff like this works. Basically all I know how to do is play gamecube ISOs through nintendont,Download homebrew and add additional apps to homebrew(and trust me it took me quite a while to even figure these things out)

• 64 GB(:E) PNY Drive USB Stick
  • File System// ExFat (With default Allocation)

I used
  • WBFS Manager 3.0
and initially converted my USB to WBFS with Wii Game Manager(and then additionally WBFS after if that could of been a problem)
ExFAT won't work, also don't use WBFS Manager as it's known to corrupt games, use FAT32 format with Wii Backup Manager instead.

Reactions: Lance47

Lance47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I only have an option to Format to NTFS or Exfat....so does that mean I'm s.o.l??? OR is there a program that could let me convert to fat 32

Lance47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! Problem solved now this drive is fully functional after being converted to Fat32. Although I still do get the error if I have both USBs in but that's no biggie

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know on per say wii games. But I use a combination of wii and gamecube games and for the safety of the gamecube games save data I don't.
From the nintendont post:
Features Nintendont doesn't support yet:
  • BBA/Modem support
  • Dual ports support DO NOT CONNECT TWO DRIVES AT THE SAME TIME! (even a WiiU Formated drive). It will either not boot, or corrupt your savegames.
Also some Cios only support 1 usb.

Either way to play it safe I only use 1 usb storage device at a time.

Reactions: Lance47

Lance47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay thanks for showing me that!! I had no clue tbh, but I think you might of prevented some corrupted files because the other day I was trying over and over to get both flashes to work
I don't know on per say wii games. But I use a combination of wii and gamecube games and for the safety of the gamecube games save data I don't.
From the nintendont post:
Features Nintendont doesn't support yet:
  • BBA/Modem support
  • Dual ports support DO NOT CONNECT TWO DRIVES AT THE SAME TIME! (even a WiiU Formated drive). It will either not boot, or corrupt your savegames.
Also some Cios only support 1 usb.

Either way to play it safe I only use 1 usb storage device at a time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol