Ewes ("easy" wad editing software) issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LeafAce, Sep 6, 2017.

1. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    When I try to extract everything from a WAD, it gives me an error saying that comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies is missing.
    My computer environment is Windows 10 Professional using Surface Pro 4. I think that is all that matters unless if the path in the environment variables should be changed. The path I have is: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

I looked in C:\Windows\System32 and SysWOW64 and 'comdlg32.dll' are in both of them, so I don't know the issue, but what I have been wondering is whether 'comdlg32.dll' is different or the same as 'comdlg32.ocx'?

So what should I do to get EWES working? The ReadMii that came with it didn't help.

2. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    I had a similar problem while trying to run an unrelated software. I don't remember how I fixed it, but I do remember it being a pain. Comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are related files that perform unique operations.

.ocx files are associated with ActiveX controls, and the comdlg32 is associated with Microsoft Visual Basic.

Like I mentioned earlier, I did end up fixing my issue, although I don't remember exactly how I did it. But what I know for sure is that I didn't download a copy of the .dll file from some shady site promising to fix your problem by replacing your missing file. I feel like I updated ActiveX and MVB and then had to re-register the files.

... I just did some searching before submitting my reply to your post and found this link... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/36bb66d8-d7ba-475d-a2af-9aa4852e1c8e?auth=1

I believe this quote below was the specific reply that helped me...

LeafAce likes this.
  3. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    I suppose this is safe for my windows 10?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice