Hacking Homebrew Every NSP fails to install.

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've recently been struggling to install and NSP file. I have tried random homebrew NSP's, NSP's I was able to install in the past, and even dumps of my own cartridges. But no-matter what I try to install it just gives me an error telling me either the NSP signature is invalid or just fails to install. I have tried installs on a few different title installers such as tinfoil, goldleaf, tinwoo, and a few others with no luck. Any idea why I've having these problems? I'm on the latest firmware running the DeepSea CFW package.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you should try with DBI → launch it and press X to start MTP responder, connect your Switch to your PC with an USB (Data) cable and install your games directly by copying your NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ to "microSD Install" or "NAND Install".

and check your version of Atmosphere and sigpatches.

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should try with DBI → launch it and press X to start MTP responder, connect your Switch to your PC with an USB (Data) cable and install your games directly by copying your NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ to "microSD Install" or "NAND Install".

and check your version of Atmosphere and sigpatches.
So I am now running DBI and it will actually install the apps the only problem is once it installs them the switch tells me its corrupted media when I try to launch it.

Last edited by Ryab,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So I am now running DBI and it will actually install the apps the only problem is once it installs them the switch tells me its corrupted media when I try to launch it.
When did you encounter the problem? Are you sure your forwarders are compatible with fw 12+, cause forwarders that were made for fw<12 won't work on the latest fw. As for the regular titles/dumps, make sure you have the right sigpatches and your sd is not corrupted. Best decision right now is to start with a fresh atmos+sigpatches and test from there.
...It also doesn't matter that much what title installer you use, they all function pretty much the same be it tinfoil, dbi or awoo/tinwoo.

Last edited by bad361,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
as @bad361 already said : you seem to lack the sigpatches (or you're not using the one made for your revision of AMS)

Keep in mind that Atmosphere is NOT, and will never be, a Custom Firmware which natively allows you to run pirated games. Even homebrew forwarders need sigpatches !

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as @bad361 already said : you seem to lack the sigpatches (or you're not using the one made for your revision of AMS)

Keep in mind that Atmosphere is NOT, and will never be, a Custom Firmware which natively allows you to run pirated games. Even homebrew forwarders need sigpatches !
I have the latest Hekate + Atmosphere sigpatches and anything that was installed in the past still seems to be runnable its just suddenly anything new will not work

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
may be you have sigpatches on the past, but YOU NEED TO READ THE GUIDE OF PROBLEM SOLVING:

if you are unable to follow simple instructions and/or read you will be on troubles.

on the thread there are so many post stating the same:
  • backup your atmosphere, bootloader and SEPT (if you have) on your SD root, DELETE THEM.
  • extract the NEW VERSIONS of atmosphere, hekate (if you use it) and sigpatches download new ones even if you thing you have the latest, some times you don't.
  • restore your hekate_ipl.ini file if you use it.
  • reboot your system and test everything. all must be working now.
  • reinstall the latest versions of the sysmodules you use.
  • reinstall the latest mods for games.
  • reinstall the latest cheats for games.
  • reapply any theme you like if any.
Do all steps even if you "think" you don't needed.

if any problem post a complete description of it, screenshots will help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y