EverDrive 64 Save to Wii U VC?

DolphinCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I am wondering if there was a way to inject my everdrive 64 save file of Paper Mario into the Wii U VC version. I really hope its possible because our N64 broke and I want to play paper mario again on it. Thanks in advance!

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Possible in theory. I think when you use checkpoint or similar, it gives a .fla/.eep (whatever is native for the system) as a single file.

What usually causes them to not work is the fact that the bytes/endians are all flipped around. I actually just recently wrote a tool for this, however. Here's my Github for it. Called SaveAIO.

I wrote a special Nintendo 64 converter function that does the commonly known permutations of a save being byte swapped/endian swapped.

Since I haven't tried it in action yet for N64, I'm happy to help out. Is your Wii U hacked? If so, can you use checkpoint/saviine to dump a Paper Mario save? A completely new game is fine. Just so long as you load in, save, and exit. Make a checkpoint/saviine dump of that save and provide the zip here in addition to your Everdrive save?

Once I have it, I'll work on trying to get you some copies back to try re-injecting.

Reactions: rantex92

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
ok. Got it! It might take me while. And yes. My wii u is hacked so it will be easy to obtain.
Sounds good. The Wii U being hacked is the big part.

Just drop them here once you have them. For your convenience, provide the entire folder for the Paper Mario Wii U Virtual console save dump.

DolphinCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go. Lemme know if anything is missing. I should have labeled everything correctly

I put a bonus meme in here because why not. Sorry if that made you upset or anything.

Attachments

• Paper Mario Save.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 41

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Here you go. Lemme know if anything is missing. I should have labeled everything correctly

I put a bonus meme in here because why not. Sorry if that made you upset or anything.
A dank bonus meme indeed.

Alright, gave this a best effort. I took your Everdrive save and created four variants. One is the original, one is byte swapped, one is endian swapped, and one is both byte and endian swapped.

Take each of these folders and replace them over your exported save for Saviine, one by one. Import it, and load up the file. If the save files are all empty, it didn't work. Try the next one.

Also important you delete any Paper Mario save file data from the Wii U system menu before the first injection. If it tries to load from a save state, it won't pick up the save file itself.

Let me know if the instructions are unclear based on the attachment I provided.

Attachments

• Save Inject Attempts.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 38

DolphinCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literaly the first save file you gave me (save #1) literaly works first shot.

Now its time to me to get used to the timing in this game again because of the emulator. Lets. Do. This.

Thank you for doing this XD

quagga1992

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hey i have a save from project 64 and it doesnt pickup teh save from my x7 everdrive.
i tried flipping / renaming and it will not update my save from the project 64 emulator.
Any solution?

quagga1992

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hey i have a save from project 64 and it doesnt pickup teh save from my x7 everdrive.
i tried flipping / renaming and it will not update my save from the project 64 emulator.
Any solution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.