Gaming European eShop

Nollog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Where the hell are the trailers from e3?
Do Nintendo want our money or what?

Where do I complain about this, aside from the email which I've already done?

elsparko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its so bloody disappointing. As soon as i heard the E3 trailers were available i checked the estore, but no. Cheers nintendo, we clearly dont deserve to see the trailers.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm I only got to see the Zelda OOT trailer yesterday. But the quality is not THAT great because it's compressed a lot - So I don't really care about other trailers.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cosmiccow said:
Hmm I only got to see the Zelda OOT trailer yesterday. But the quality is not THAT great because it's compressed a lot - So I don't really care about other trailers.
Most of the trailers looked pretty bad. OoT trailer hurt my eyes badly lol.
It probably is due to compressing it too much :/

Nollog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Tanveer said:
cosmiccow said:
Most of the trailers looked pretty bad. OoT trailer hurt my eyes badly lol.
It probably is due to compressing it too much :/
Same here.
It's the first 3d that actually hurt my eyes.

I was starting to think Nintendo were taking Europe seriously now.
They showed how our market was growing, and is beginning to overtake the US market at their recent investor call, the release dates being a day or two before the US, and Pandora's tower etc. are coming here, but not necessarily America.

D

Deleted User

WHY Didn't Nintendo region free the 3DS? If the Vita does it, so can Nintendo.
*Whistles nonchanantly as "Senran Kagura" walks by*

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look bad? The compression and frame rate are actually quite good given the size of the videos and the fact that they are 400x240@30fpsx2.

The reason the videos probably hurt your eyes is because they weren't really optimized for the 3DS screen... The constant shifting from 3D gameplay and 'flat' 2D text screens means your eyes have to shift back and forth focus wise.

On top of that the fact that you can't adjust the levels of 3D in videos like you can real time renders means they erred on the side of max pop-out 3d instead of risking the 3d effects appearing "muted".

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
Look bad? The compression and frame rate are actually quite good given the size of the videos and the fact that they are 400x240@30fpsx2.

The reason the videos probably hurt your eyes is because they weren't really optimized for the 3DS screen... The constant shifting from 3D gameplay and 'flat' 2D text screens means your eyes have to shift back and forth focus wise.

On top of that the fact that you can't adjust the levels of 3D in videos like you can real time renders means they erred on the side of max pop-out 3d instead of risking the 3d effects appearing "muted".
I think those outside of US are able to stream video for OOT, and that stream looks horribly compressed (hurts eyes). It seems like the US only can download the ten videos from E3. I also keep hearing people from Europe saying they can watch a DoA video, which isn't available in the US. There seems to be a lot of inconsistancies with the eShop, regarding the different regions.

I can only say that the 10 videos are excellent quality, and look like the games are running on your 3DS. The compression is very good, much better than the OK Go video, and even when you pause the video, the still image quality is good. I'm not so worried about the video quality on the 3DS anymore. I hope those who live outside the US get these soon, and Nintendo should just release this content worldwide at the same time. People are just going to get on the net and realize they don't have something cool that others do, and it's going to piss them off.

Gid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
dsfanatic5 said:
I think those outside of US are able to stream video for OOT, and that stream looks horribly compressed (hurts eyes). It seems like the US only can download the ten videos from E3. I also keep hearing people from Europe saying they can watch a DoA video, which isn't available in the US. There seems to be a lot of inconsistancies with the eShop, regarding the different regions.

I can only say that the 10 videos are excellent quality, and look like the games are running on your 3DS. The compression is very good, much better than the OK Go video, and even when you pause the video, the still image quality is good. I'm not so worried about the video quality on the 3DS anymore. I hope those who live outside the US get these soon, and Nintendo should just release this content worldwide at the same time. People are just going to get on the net and realize they don't have something cool that others do, and it's going to piss them off.
This. ^
Both OoT and DoA videos are available in streaming, and the compression isn't really this good. Especially for OoT (DoA is more enjoyable, in my experience). I really hope we get soon the E3 trailers, especially since they seem to be downloadable and so better viewable in 3D. Also, since they need to be downloaded, can you adjust the 3D effect with the slider?

Oh, is the OoT video in US in streaming or download?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of our videos from E3 are download, no streaming at all (hence my confusion about others mentioning poor quality).

The 3d slider won't have any effect in any video because the videos are prerendered versus actual games which are rendered in real time and thus you're able to move the cameras.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lol none fo the trailers hurt my eyes, am i some kind of mutant lol
anyway i think they won't put the e3 trailers because maybe they think that only america should get it since e3 is held there

Gid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
koji2009 said:
All of our videos from E3 are download, no streaming at all (hence my confusion about others mentioning poor quality).

The 3d slider won't have any effect in any video because the videos are prerendered versus actual games which are rendered in real time and thus you're able to move the cameras.
Thanks... well, let's hope to get these bloody videos.
frown.gif

They're ONLY in US? Not even Jap eShop has them?

chadders

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
has anyone tried to get these off the SD card yet and upload them on here????

I know there is no video player but the US 3ds's are playing them so it can be done.

All we need to do is find them on the SD card and make the relevant folders on the UK Sd cards and it might work?????

Just my thoughts!!

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gid said:
They're ONLY in US? Not even Jap eShop has them?
As far as i know, they are also available in the jap shop.

QUOTE(chadders @ Jun 9 2011, 07:21 PM) has anyone tried to get these off the SD card yet and upload them on here????

I know there is no video player but the US 3ds's are playing them so it can be done.

All we need to do is find them on the SD card and make the relevant folders on the UK Sd cards and it might work?????

Just my thoughts!!
This will not work, because the files are signed specifically for each 3DS.

Nollog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The DOA video is just that one with the Real girls looking awkward and "fighting", in 3d.
That one isn't badly compressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1