Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
xist said:
The point is a streamlined list. If i need to add +1's just to validate a negative opinion that's not a problem, but if a new PSP user looks at an essentials list and decides to buy MGS Portable Ops Plus, Medievil Resurrection and IQ Mania to accompany there system i wouldn't blame them smashing their PSP and raging all over the PSP section of GBAtemp.

If all those games are rated as essential by Arwing i'd love to hear of a PSP game he didn't like.

>>Implying some people actually buy PSP games

Yes, I am a shameless pirate.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely love Gundam and I want to try out one for PSP. Which one is the best Gundam game to be specific? I heard there was a special Dynasty Warriors including Gundam but I want a good game. I had DSi before and I loved the Gundam game where you played as the new Gundams. Gundam 00 I think. Just an example of the type of Gundam game I want.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Taken from GameFAQs (since i've never played a Gundam game)

QUOTE said:
If you want something along the lines of a mech arcade fighting game, then Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus is your best bet. But if you prefer something along the lines of a real-time based Front Mission with Dynasty Warriors overtones, then Gundam Assault Survive it is.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I am trolling you. I want this to be an ESSENTIALS thread. Not a hurt and heal game. Recommend games that people should play. Don't like them? Too bad, other people do. As you can see most of the categories on the OP require more than just 1 vote to qualify.

If you want to start a thread for games that people shouldn't buy/pirate, be my guest. Maybe I'll even post in it too.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
And yet you vote incorrectly and ignore the fact that that's what this topic is about. Either read the rules or start your own topic where you recommend games that you clearly haven't played.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I will try them out.
smile.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Phantasy star Portable 2 and Gladiator Begins are just demo's at the moment. Until they get full releases i can't think anyone could judge them as essential just yet.

overslept

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beg to differ.

+1 God of War: Ghost of Sparta
+1 Valkyria Chronicles 2
+1 Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
+1 Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday
+1 Phantasy Star Portable 2

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
I beg to differ.

+1 Valkyria Chronicles 2

Half of those aren't even released, how can you +1 a game that isn't even released? It's not like you played it and if you did, it was probably a brief demo and hardly an accurate representation of the game. So yeah, don't +1 games you haven't played.

EDIT: And Phantasy Star Portable 2 is out in Japanese. GoW: GoS and PE: 3B aren't released at all.

overslept

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Arwing789 said:
I beg to differ.

+1 Valkyria Chronicles 2

Half of those aren't even released, how can you +1 a game that isn't even released? It's not like you played it and if you did, it was probably a brief demo and hardly an accurate representation of the game. So yeah, don't +1 games you haven't played.

EDIT: And Phantasy Star Portable 2 is out in Japanese. GoW: GoS and PE: 3B aren't released at all.

Hey, remember when xist posted -1 to about 10 games? There's no rule that says he can't do that. There's no rule that says I can't +1 games that haven't been released yet.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
Hey, remember when xist posted -1 to about 10 games? There's no rule that says he can't do that. There's no rule that says I can't +1 games that haven't been released yet.

There's common sense. How can you know a game is good if you haven't even played it? There's absolutely no reason to +1 a game I haven't even played.

And almost all essentials threads allow -1's since we "assume" that these affect purchases (or for most people, their bandwidth limits
wink.gif
) and we want people to have an accurate interpretation of how the community feels on games so they can make the right choices. The only difference is the Freeware one I upkeep since you won't be paying money on any of the stuff on the list (legally, of course).

And "essential" means games you should play. You can't play a game you can't play because it doesn't exist in retail form yet.

Use your head.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:
Arwing789 said:

There's common sense. How can you know a game is good if you haven't even played it? There's absolutely no reason to +1 a game I haven't even played.

And almost all essentials threads allow -1's since we "assume" that these affect purchases (or for most people, their bandwidth limits
wink.gif
) and we want people to have an accurate interpretation of how the community feels on games so they can make the right choices. The only difference is the Freeware one I upkeep since you won't be paying money on any of the stuff on the list (legally, of course).

And "essential" means games you should play. You can't play a game you can't play because it doesn't exist in retail form yet.

Use your head.
To be fair there's a PSP2 demo that's just like the final game, it even has online and all
mellow.gif

overslept

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's Japanese versions of VC2, KH:BBS, and PSP2.

Who knows, maybe I'm a reporter. Maybe I went to gamescom and played GoW:GoS and PE:3B. You don't know
ohmy.gif

EDIT: God Eater was released in Japanese too. +1 God Eater

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
There's Japanese versions of VC2, KH:BBS, and PSP2.

Who knows, maybe I'm a reporter. Maybe I went to gamescom and played GoW:GoS and PE:3B. You don't know
ohmy.gif

Yeah, I wasn't referring to those. I was referring to Ghost of Sparta and 3rd Birthday. And no "reporter" gets a full copy of a game until it's close to being released, and that's for review purposes. And as I said before (if you bothered reading my earlier comment), a demo isn't an accurate representation of the entire game.

Also, I don't assume, I know you're obviously not a "reporter" since "reporters" wouldn't want to associate themselves with a site that's full of pirates and hackers.

Anyway, we're getting off topic, fact is you can't vote for games until they're released. Period. Although the votes don't get added anymore I think so why should I care.

overslept

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Although the votes don't get added anymore I think so why should I care.

Exactly. This thread is just bait for people who don't vote correctly, haters, trolls, and Arwings. 'Nuff said.

overslept

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Arwing789 said:
Exactly. This thread is just bait for people who don't vote correctly, haters, trolls, and Arwings. (who fit in all of the previous categories EXCEPT haters) 'Nuff said.
Fixed that for you.
Now, stop the Drama.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Either learn the basics of [Essentials] threads or gtfo.
I will take CaptainHarlock's votes but not yours Arwing since you're just basically trolling.

Anyway, I think it's about time I update this thread. I'm hope to finish all the votes in the other thread but it ain't gunna happen.

Edit: Done two pages. Two pages more of the last thread, will do them soon
Can't wait until it's updated ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: